Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking some classes, and Insights Training Center seems to be the main place in the Seattle area. Anybody have any experience taking classes with them? How is their General Defensive Handgun course? I've been carrying quite awhile and have thought through a lot of situations and I'd hate to waste $350 covering common sense stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the opportunity, invest in the training that Insights provide. Contact them with your needs to work out which course to register. The Intensive HG course will provide you with good skills (and practice drills) to run your handgun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent Class

My friends and I took the 2-Day General Defensive Handgun class in early May. There we're a total of 8 students. It was a nice mix of range and class room time. You start with the basics and increase from there to more advanced drills. Only fired about 200 rnds on Saturday, but 400+ on Sunday. A "LOT" on emphasis on safety. Grip, stance, sight picture... all covered. We practiced malfunction clearing, tactical reloading, and did some timed drills (really fun). For the cost I thought it was excellent.

The class utilizes the indoor police range (in the basement), so you don't have weather to contend with, except at lunch. There are a number of restaurants within easy walking distance.

I'm seriously thinking of taking the class again with my wife and friends next Spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts