Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Sellier and Bellot ammo? I think it is from the former Yugoslavia. I've fired a lot of their shotshells, but have no experience with their pistol ammo.

I'm looking for inexpensive ammo for general range work, and have read about everyone's experience with Wolf ammo (generally poor, but getting better with their newer case coating, if I'm summarizing correctly).

I'm looking for 40s&w in the standard 180gr FMJ for range work. The Cabela's that just opened in Fort Worth (lucky me!!!) has 50 rd boxes for $7.99. That's less than Winchester white box and UMC, and is even less than Wolf.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Sure good stuff Kind of dirty in 45 loaded a little bit hot in 357sig and 38 Sp 9 mm seems about right ive shot a bunch in 45 not as much in the other calibers listed

Worlds better than wolf ammo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a good amount of experience with it.

9mm, 40 SW, and 45 – never a problem. I would highly recommend it. A little hotter than Winchester, but nothing wrong with that.

357 SIG – stay away. Only way I have ever gotten a Glock to malfunction. First of all, it is very high pressure. I think the bullet is set back a little too much. I also had a lot of trouble with the gun not going all the way into battery. About once per magazine. I tried four other brands, and never had a problem. I bought some more about 6 months later, thinking they may have figured it out. Same problem. I don’t know what they do to it, but it’s messed up. Maybe by now they have fixed it, but I’m not going to try it again.

38 Special – I got a couple of boxes that apparently were not crimped hard enough. A few times, by the time I got to the fifth shot, the bullet had slipped forward in the brass enough so the cylinder would not turn. Imagine my shock to have a revolver jam. I don’t know if this is a common problem with S&B in 38 special, because I haven’t bought any more. Also, it is not rated as +P, but it is a good deal hotter than Wincheter +P.

BTW – I have also tried 7.62x39mm and 8mm Mauser in S&B. Real good stuff.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
S&B is from Czechoslovakia. It is typically loaded to the hot side. The red primers are amusing to clean off the face of the slide and some of their stuff can be a little dirty. I find it to be a good value for the money and for me it shoots consistantly enough. Check the 40 S&W. A friend found a 9mm in a box of 40 S&W once. He found it when he tried to fire it in his gun. :tongue:

-Scott-

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have used it - numerous times but only casually.

Main batch I have was for 7.62x25 for my CZ-52, oh and some also for Mak in 9x18. It seems OK but - the overall feedback I get from shooters generally is not so good. True as said it tends to be on hot side but also - there seem to be sometimes issues with the brass. That said I used to reload a huge numer of S&B 9mm cases and no probs.

It is not my #1 choice however for most of the usual cal's.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I use S&B or Winchester white box for pretty much all my plinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts