Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've got one for my Glock 36. It's decent for the cost, but not really usable as a tuckable holster. The nylon reinforcing around the leather makes the outside edge pretty thick. It prints horribly in slacks. It might fare better in jeans though. Some cheap holsters work well. For me, this wasn't one of them.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
They don't say it's cheaper than dirt without a reason. Perhaps for a very temporary holster, you can get by, but for a long term carry holster...stay away.OMOYMV

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I dont have that size, but have a larger one. It works well, but isnt the most comfortable. It does its job fairly well though. I think if you want to try tuckable with out investing a lot in experimenting its a good investment.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
One of the key problems with the ace case holsters is structural; It's made out of what feels like glove leather. It collapses when you draw, and is nearly impossible to re-holster while inside your belt.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
My experience has been that "cheap" is "crap"! Just sayin'... :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been using it with Keltec PF9 for a little bit, and while the holster is comfortable, and wears well, I believe it has contributed to some rust spots on the slide, since the inside of the holster is pretty much cloth, and does nothing to keep the moisture away. I will avoid this holster in the future.

·
Registered
231 Posts
One of the key problems with the ace case holsters is structural; It's made out of what feels like glove leather. It collapses when you draw, and is nearly impossible to re-holster while inside your belt.
I agree, I have one and you have to take it off to re-holster...

also if you are working and start to sweat the leather doesnt dry very well and I had some issues with it. most of the other IWB ones I have seen have a felt or something that doesnt let the moister sit.

as far as using it for IWB I put my cell phone case right next to the clip and it hid it very well...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Cheap holsters aren't good and good holsters ain't Cheap!!!
If you are on a budget check out Don Hume Holsters!!

NCH

·
Registered
829 Posts
I wouldn't do what glazer says, that may cause an issue none of want...

I use these holsters for EDC, I use the one you listed for P32, PF9, 380, and 1911. I wear polo shirts tucked in 75% of the time and untucked 20% of the time, the rest I am in a suit. I think they are fine, I can reholster any of my semiautos with out removing the holster. The clip area is a little thicker than others I have seen but that is design differences. I am not saying they are the best available, or even the most comfortable though I have no complaints. But they are the best for me and my budget and my usages. I have no complaints.

Perhaps cost effective is better word...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts