Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for awhile, I must say they intrigue me. I worry about the jams though. Are there any out the that are up to par besides the Saiga 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
The Turks are the only ones brining in AR shotgun ..That is one of them the FR99 I think or the such they keep changing the name on them and the set up

The first ones had issues but the new ones tend to work ok but they dont like low power stuff

Down side over the Russian jobs is the lack of mags , lack of parts for them ..If you dont mind 5-10 round mags max and a lack of spar parts they are good guns

I prefer the Vepr 12 as they are build like tanks and run well and have very insanse 25 round mags for them

Reactions: dV8r and Truth1253

·
Super Moderator
18,145 Posts
Its called a BR-99 and it does come from Turkey. The price was right, got it on sale for 399.00. It comes with 2-5 round mags but you can get the 10 rounders for it.

On the side of the gun is the name BARAK. That really pissed me off.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Hey HotGuns, does that BR99 come with a choke-threaded barrel? Is anyone running them HARD (re: 3 Gun Competition, hot/dirty) with a high round-count? IMHO, the Turks can build a pretty good shotgun. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,145 Posts
You cant imagine Rock. When I saw that on there I just wanted to chunk it out in the yard and leave it there. What a buzz-kill. :scruntiny: :yikes: :sad2:

·
Super Moderator
18,145 Posts
Hey HotGuns, does that BR99 come with a choke-threaded barrel?
Yes it comes with 3 of them.

Is anyone running them HARD (re: 3 Gun Competition, hot/dirty) with a high round-count? IMHO, the Turks can build a pretty good shotgun.
I know of a few guys that are.

One of them swapped out the plastic lower with an aluminum one, chopped the barrel back and turned it into one cool looking shotgun. I plan to do the same eventually. There are several after market parts made just to do that.

Check out Tooth and Nail Armory for stuff.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Thanks HG! You may have just launched my next, uhhh...unfinished gun-project! :blink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry - not a great photo, but here's one that is a range toy for me. This is the AKDAL MKA 1919 although heavily modified including an aftermarket aluminum lower. The weak link in these is the magazines. Feeding can be finicky but if you know how to tune the magazines they can be very reliable. As noted up-thread there are guys that tune these up and run them heavily in competition. I'm far from that :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Turks are the only ones brining in AR shotgun ..That is one of them the FR99 I think or the such they keep changing the name on them and the set up

The first ones had issues but the new ones tend to work ok but they dont like low power stuff

Down side over the Russian jobs is the lack of mags , lack of parts for them ..If you dont mind 5-10 round mags max and a lack of spar parts they are good guns

I prefer the Vepr 12 as they are build like tanks and run well and have very insanse 25 round mags for them
Man this would piss me off too!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts