Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a friend who's a new gun owner and I'm trying to see if there's any realistic way to get him on the way to CCW in Maryland.

I've read the packing.org page. Apparently if you aren't a high paid white collar type or a corrections officer, or you haven't been attacked already, you can't get CCW in Maryland.

I wonder if Maryland residents have to be in an automotive accident before they can buy car insurance, or if they have to drown before they can buy life jackets...

At any rate, is he screwed? Maryland seems a lot like Kali in this regard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
At least in Kali you can "shop" different counties to live in and get a permit that way. In MD, like IL & NY, you're basically up the creek for getting a permit.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Euc - things are still bad right now but - some board friends of mine are amongst a group who are pushing very hard to see this situation changed.

I have seen evidence of them spending much time on this, even expense too - and hope very much that over next year or two their efforts will bear fruit. It is long overdue and hope springs eternal.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
That why they call it Mary Land? The surrounding carry states are going to rub off on them. We're hopefull WI will get the job done this year.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Euclidean said:
I've a friend who's a new gun owner and I'm trying to see if there's any realistic way to get him on the way to CCW in Maryland.
Euc, In a word......NO! Unless he carries a large anount of money or is politically connected he has about as much chance as a snowball in hell. All he'd be doing by applying at this point is making a donation to the Maryland treasurary.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
rstickle said:
Euc, In a word......NO! Unless he carries a large anount of money or is politically connected he has about as much chance as a snowball in hell. All he'd be doing by applying at this point is making a donation to the Maryland treasurary.
Unless he has a daughter, wanting to be an "intern", I understand that can carry you a good way..... :king:

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's been 11 years since I escaped from the People's Republic of Maryland, but at that time, the only folks I knew with CCW permits were working private security guards in jobs that their company required them to be armed. Leaving the company meant losing the permit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
move to Virginia

Tell him to move to Virginia. I grew up in Maryland but am glad I moved. Crime is worse in Maryland because only criminals have guns. Virginia is is friendly to gun owners and hard on criminals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I left Maryland when I was 18. I'm in Northern Virginia, which is like another planet in terms of firearms laws. If I ever decide to move closer to my family, I'll head to PA and settle just north the Mason-Dixon line. With the high taxes, nanny state mentality, and victimhood philosophy running rampant in MD, it's just not worth living there. The politics aren't going to change any time soon....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts