Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asking myself this question today and I realized that I have access one of the best, most experienced sources of feedback/info in this industry- Defensive Carry! So I figured I'd ask here!

We have recently started exploring some new tools for prototyping and manufacturing. I'm wondering, would you ever want to see custom laser engraving as an option on a holster? If so, what would you be interested in? Would you pay extra for such a service?

Thanks!
Clay

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Candidly I would not. Some holster makers offer a number of options including concho's, stamped and embossed decorative trims ...... I just want a good holster and when you start adding cost for frilly things that is as often as not a hidden accoutrement it doesn't seem worth it to me. A fair cost for a good holster is one thing but adding to that cost for something that does nothing to hold the gun next to me doesn't offer any extended value to me. JMO.

Reactions: Cremator75

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
I have leather stamps , but if not too expensive I would pay a little more for the model gun on the back of holster . When you have many holsters I like to look at the holster and identify it quickly .

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Not interested in something like that for a holster that rides in my pants.

Reactions: oldnfat

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I love holsters. A nice tooling job and/or exotic leathers I can really appreciate and I'd pay and have paid extra for. I don't mean gaudy engraving but something to set that particular holster apart is appealing to me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think it would be a nice service to offer those customers who like personalization. If it doesn't involve a large cash outlay for equipment that has no other uses. I don't know how many customers would go for it. If you ever work up any examples, post 'em up!

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
What Wunderneun said.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Would it be on the leather backing or on the kydex sheath? Engrave the metal clips?

From a practical end, sounds like a better idea for an OWB.
If something is decorative, you would want it seen.

I prefer practical as to fancy, but sometime ya want that little something extra.

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
I think it would be a great and worthwhile option to do some laser work on leather.

On the other hand...

If I put some print on there that said "Kill em all and let God sort em out", could it become and issue if later on down the line I had to cap someone in self defense? Would some rabid, antigun,lawyer that snivels throw a hissy fit and make an issue out of it?

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
I think it would be a great and worthwhile option to do some laser work on leather.

On the other hand...

If I put some print on there that said "Kill em all and let God sort em out", could it become and issue if later on down the line I had to cap someone in self defense? Would some rabid, antigun,lawyer that snivels throw a hissy fit and make an issue out of it?
You know it would. So you'd be better off with some script about bunnies and better days. :rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts