Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, found my own answer. While there is no law in Louisiana saying what security guards can or can't carry, The Louisiana State Board of Private Security Examiners have created their own rules. IF you are to be employed as an armed guard in Louisiana, you have a choice of four different sidearms. Either .38 Special, or .357 magnum revolvers, or 9mm or .40 S&W semi-automatic pistols.

The police don't seem to really care if you carry a .45 or anything else. At least, not for the moment!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No 45's and no .380's - what a crazy restriction and so far - can think of no logic whatsoever that would fit that absurdity!!! Is there (perchance) any rationale at all for that?

Sounds like .40 or 357 as first choices, tho I guess I could stick to my 226 9mm, with 15+1 - guess I'd ''manage".

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P95Carry said:
No 45's and no .380's - what a crazy restriction and so far - can think of no logic whatsoever that would fit that absurdity!!! Is there (perchance) any rationale at all for that?

Sounds like .40 or 357 as first choices, tho I guess I could stick to my 226 9mm, with 15+1 - guess I'd ''manage".
So far, no one that I've talked to in New Orleans has a clue as to why the restriction to those four calibers. And apparently there's an unwritten rule that your firearm should have at least a 4" barrel. But no one balked at my 3.5" barreled Taurus PT-911. Then again, I think they were too awe struck that anyone would use a pistol with gold colored parts, for a service pistol. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts