Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us keep shotties and handguns handy at home in case of a home invasion or burglary. Does anyone keep anything out of the ordinary (not traditionally used for home defense) ready all the times at home as their only HD firearm that is ready at a moments notice?

For example an SKS, 10/22, a deer rifle or something else? Why did you choose that firearm over a handgun or shotgun?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
this one stands in the corner by my bed, every night:

give me about 12 feet diameter swinging room and it could be devastating:smile:

surv

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a loaded 1918 Webly .45 in my dresser.
If I can't shoot em with it I can always turn it around and use it like a hammer .

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Nope...they're all common and mainstream current production for the most part. last ditch efforts include 16" machete, fishing poles with line and hooks, and two attack cats....well, make that one attack cat when they're not attacking each other. Then there's always the pepper spray.

·
Super Moderator
18,195 Posts
Lately I've been using an MP5SD3 for home defense.

It shoots fast and it's quiet...it wont blow out my eardrums.

and no, I aint kiddin...
Why?
Because I can.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Lately I've been using an MP5SD3 for home defense.

It shoots fast and it's quiet...it wont blow out my eardrums.

and no, I aint kiddin...
Why?
Because I can.
Lucky Guy

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
NFA

As soon as The Man gets my paperwork and stamp to me I'll be using an Uzi SBR.

I have a rare Police-marked Ruger PC9 I have used and still could if I wanted to. I used to keep a folding stock Mini-14 by the bed before I sold it. 60+ year old M1 cabine? In college I used a Marlin 60 just because I could afford to loose it if it was discovered in my college-run apartment.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Lucky Guy
My sentiments exactly. Some people just get all the cool toys. :image035:

But as for the question, I consider a shotgun and some form of large capacity military style rifle as essential in home defense. You'll never know what tool you might need until you actually need it right? Those two should cover most anything that could possibly arise though.

If you consider an AKM as an unusual home defense weapon OP, then yes, I've got an unusual home defense weapon. These days it's doing home defense duty for the friend I had hold my firearms and ammo for me though. But after I get back on my feet again, it's coming home to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
66 year old HD weapon....Corbon DPX Ammo.....I like old!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
66 year old HD weapon....Corbon DPX Ammo.....I like old!

I love M1 Carbines!!! Good HD weapon. Small, light, powerful and easy to handle. :hand10:

I have an after market Universal M1 with two 30 rd. one 15 rd. mags plus the 4 rd that came with it. Not like an "original" but it will do.

I also have an 1893 Chilean 7 x 57 Mauser. Kind of too much for HD, but if I gotta.....:hand5:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nothing packs more wallop and devastating death effect than the old

Kimber 1911 45 acp

But since this is a wierd weapon thread.... (no pic yet) My old british .303 bolt action (yes it uses a Clip! Not a detach mag!)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Mosin Nagant 1891/30

·
Super Moderator
18,479 Posts
If all else fails I could bring out a C-96 Broomhandle Mauser.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My dads home defense rifle is odd. A .303 Enfield.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I have a Marlin .357 magnum lever action carbine rifle that I have used for HD. Typically I use handguns.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For example an SKS, 10/22, a deer rifle or something else? Why did you choose that firearm over a handgun or shotgun?
I have an old Parker Hale double rifle in .375H&H
Its in the defensive line up because my grandfather used it successfully as a defense gun in the 1930's. Its also in the "will never sell" lineup.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Ready at hand? A Glock-36 and a 12 ga coach gun...nothing old, except not many use the 'old' coach gun because they prefer a pump.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
I have a old (1934) Winchester 94 in .30WCF (.30-30) that I Parkerized & use around the farm....it also does double duty as the HD rifle.........

It's now a Tactical lever-gun!:image035:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts