Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone here carrys one and method of carry, Manufacturer of Holster ect. I am looking for a outside or inside the pants leather holster for my Taurus 24/7 45.
Thanks, Scotty

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
My uncle carrys one in the .40 format. He has a Fobus OWB paddle holster.
Impressive piece... molded, weapon snaps in and out, can't be pulled out from the side (as in a grab from another person). Stick in it like glue. paddle is good size, has the catches that hooks on the belt and stays on the belt during gun draw. $26. I hear they can be cheaper, don't know where though...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
uh-oh......take that back. FOBUS only catering for the .40 cal in the 24/7 . Sorry...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I carry the .40. I checked the size on the website, and it says they're the same size. You'll be able to fit it into most any style of holster.

I have a home made IWB that I carry at 2:30-3 o'clock position. It conceals quite well. I usually only wear a slightly oversized T-shirt and haven't been made yet.

When looking for a holster, you likely won't find this gun listed on any sizing chart. What you want to look for is Ruger P93-95. If you find a holster that fits these guns, they'll fit the 24/7. Also, they recently changed the 24/7 to DA/SA. Make sure you get this model. The trigger on the DAO isn't heavy at all, but it's kinda long like a Glock.

Just yesterday, I fired supported at 50 yds, and hit dead on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Info ARTZ and Jarhead ,the model I bought is the SA/DA type it shoots like a single action unless the primer doesnt go off then it reverts back to double action trigger for a second try at setting off the primer.:wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
jarhead79 said:
When looking for a holster, you likely won't find this gun listed on any sizing chart. What you want to look for is Ruger P93-95. If you find a holster that fits these guns, they'll fit the 24/7.
Are you certain on this? I currently use a Fobus paddle and I'm dieing to find something better. I personally would love to have a Sherpa but after the response I got from them on a customer service question I'm not sure I want to do business with them.

Any particular recommendations short of going full custom?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts