Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up an m&p today. They have black and the earth(brown) color in stock. I like the brown finish but this is going to be an edc concealed carry weapon. Would there be any reason to choose black over brown? I've never shot a brown gun. Does it draw your eye away from the sights or anything ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
If it goes bang when you pull the bang switch it don't make a bit of difference what color it is. I almost bought a pink gun ones cause the price was really right. I figured what's a bg going to do laugh? Or ask me not to defend myself and shoot him for attacking me with pink gun cause if he survives it would be embarrassing to tell his homies he was attacking and robbing someone and the victim shot him with a pink gun? Brown is just fine if you like the gun and it fits your price buy it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Blued, black, brown, purple, pink... its all the same...:embarassed:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Whatever tickles your fancy!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had a camo shotgun and put it in a bush when I went to retrieve some ducks and had a tough time finding it after. I like blued steel and wood'

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I'm going to pick up an m&p today. They have black and the earth(brown) color in stock. I like the brown finish but this is going to be an edc concealed carry weapon. Would there be any reason to choose black over brown? I've never shot a brown gun. Does it draw your eye away from the sights or anything ?
The deal is, these different patterns/colors are for blending into an environment. If you're hunting on the African plains, the earth color blends in more to your surroundings. It's the same thing a guy in the middle of the woods in Georgia would do while hunting that buck. If you're a sniper watching over the scene in the middle of Iraq, same deal and even more important. You don't want to look like sand and your weapon like charcoal. For you, concealing it and heading around town? Doesn't make even one small difference except "I like it". The gun community is like any other community, someone starts doing something different and everybody else starts following along.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It may save you some trouble if somebody claims you were waiving a black/silver gun at them. I'm currently on the hunt for a full FDE Glock 19.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is no reason whatsoever not to get a "brown" gun, usually referred to as FDE or Flat Dark Earth.

I have a VP9 with their version of FDE, an FDE frame for my P320 and a PPQ with full Magpul FDE on both frame and slide. I find them a bit refreshing from the all black polymer framed handguns.

OP, it's nothing more than just personal opinion and tastes. Choose what you like, not what anyone else on this forum likes or dislikes.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts