Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a SHield 9 in my pocket for CC, but I'm looking ofr an option to carry the 45 if I feel like it. Would prefer a pocket, but it might be too big, so OWB is ok too. I would prefer to avoid IWB, they've never worked well for me.

These looked interesting but no idea if they're actually good or not:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have an Alien Gear IWB, works just OK for me. What I like about it is I can get it quickly.

I prefer leather and I really like Nelson who is a forum sponsor. You do have a wait with him, or others, so I order AG to hold me over.

Reactions: Bruiser419

·
Registered
340 Posts
I currently carry a SHield 9 in my pocket for CC, but I'm looking ofr an option to carry the 45 if I feel like it. Would prefer a pocket, but it might be too big, so OWB is ok too. I would prefer to avoid IWB, they've never worked well for me.

These looked interesting but no idea if they're actually good or not:

Thanks
I have an AZULA IWB for my 45 Shield...like it....but their OWB is great also....have also looked the Urban Carry with a locking piece......I have numerous AZULA holsters and they are reasonable; well made; lifetime warranty; and great people to deal with!

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I pocket carry an XDs .45 acp. One of my BUG's. Right front pocket. Jackson Leather "Clip IWB", that work's just dandy for me. As CWO said, I think leather is the way to go. Pictures are on another computer, or I'd post something.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
@Bruiser419 Here's a pic of the pistol & holster. I've carried it "DAILY" for 8 years. I liked it so much, I bought a spare, about a year after I got this one. I keep it stashed in my "holster cabinet", just in case this on "EVER WEARS OUT"! 😂 Jackson isn't Cheap. BUT, as usual, you get what you pay for!

100_0917.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Switched PC's, so I thought I'd post "one last pic"! My S.A. "doing it's job"! With the cover garmet I ALWAYS WEAR, I can have my hand on the grip, & NO ONE'S THE WISER. Looks like I'm just walking with my hand in my pocket!

IMG_20180302_145415.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Switched PC's, so I thought I'd post "one last pic"! My S.A. "doing it's job"! With the cover garmet I ALWAYS WEAR, I can have my hand on the grip, & NO ONE'S THE WISER. Looks like I'm just walking with my hand in my pocket!

View attachment 332668
So is that an actual pocket holster or an IWB that you wear on your pocket?

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
So is that an actual pocket holster or an IWB that you wear on your pocket?
No, it's an IWB. BUT, it's such a compact holster, I can use it as a "pocket holster" also. You can see by the jean's I always wear, I have pockets that accept it, no problem, as shown by the pic. I'm "average size". 5' 11" about 190# 32" waist.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it's an IWB. BUT, it's such a compact holster, I can use it as a "pocket holster" also. You can see by the jean's I always wear, I have pockets that accept it, no problem, as shown by the pic. I'm "average size". 5' 11" about 190# 32" waist.
Thanks, gives me some other options to consider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts