Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Taurus ULTRA-LITE MODEL 445 .44 Spl. today for $275. Its a little dirty but seems to be in good shape. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Have a friend that carries a 445 everyday. I do all his carry ammo reloading for him. Seems it's kinda hard to find powerful .44 ammo unless you buy the REAL expensive stuff. He has owned the Taurus for 6(or so) months now and has put 300 rds. of low power store bought stuff through it and another 200 rds. of my fairly hot reloads through it without a glitch. He keeps the weapon very clean. He cleans at the range every 30 or so rds. The weapon has(to me) alot of torque to it,but you can fire it fairly quickly single action. After this amount of shooting the weapon still seems tight. Also seems that you got a pretty good deal on it. ENJOY--------

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback RSSZ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ref: Taurus Owners

I got my model 605, 357, 2in., Stainless Steel, I like it so far, will let ya all know after I fire both .38 + P and .357 mag. Thanks for this site

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have a Mod 689 .357 with a 6" bbl ss and I love it. it's my truck gun.
Accurate and very controlable. I've probably put 5000 rounds through it and it's still tight.
I'm looking for a 2" .357 or .38 and Taurus is on the top of my list.

AFS

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own 6 Taurus handguns (also a couple of S&W's, a Makarov, and others). My first Taurus was a PT-92 (1996). Never a problem with any of them.

I carry a Taurus 651, a Taurus 617, and a Taurus Millenium Pro 145, rotating them every couple of weeks. I trust them ALL.

Take care.

Jim

·
Registered
473 Posts
my wife had a 650 cia( she sold it, i got her a s&w649) and i have a tracker .22 mag. both good reliable guns. i had a 94 9 shot .22 that was junk. traded it in on the tracker. it seems it's a toss up whether you get a good one or not, but the quality has been getting better lately.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I have a PT140, also like my bros .22 revo and a friends .38 wheelgun too. They seem to be solid,well made guns.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I carry a 415ti in the woods all the time. The Federal 250 gr cast cores are real stompers, and super light 215 gr that I cast and load are accurate and fun to shoot game getters. I would prefer not to have the ports, but I'm not worried about retention shooting if a moose or bear wants me out of their living room. I'm seriously thinking about a 651 titanium .357 shrouded hammer loaded with 38 Specials for my wife. Think they'd take her in on trade for it?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I dont care for their plastic pistols. I'm not much of a wheelgun fan in general.

I do own one wheelgun though, its a Model 85... I've got a big-bore on the list, however its not at the top. I'll probably go with a Taurus for it as well.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I have a 605 357 snubbie with CT Lasergrips. I carry this when I really really need to be concealed. Otherwise I carry my G30.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This weekend my dad picked up a Taurus 905B. A 5 shot 22.2 oz. 9mm 2" snubby. We put some 115gr. FMJ, 124gr.+p GD, and some 135gr. Hydrashoks through it for a break in run. The stellar clips were easy to load and use. I would rate recoil moderate, a bit more than 38 special but not a painful as 357 mag. At 7yds. I put them in a 3" circle on my first try. With a little practice I would guess 2" or less could be managed. Not too bad for such a small barrel.

I did find one thing kinda neat. As it was about 5pm and the sun was behind us at our range. I could actually see the 115gr. FMJ bullets flying through the air when my dad fired the snubby. The sun was shining off the flat bases of the bullets and acting like a tracer. I tried to see if I could see them if my dad shot my XD Tactical but they were moving too fast for me to see.

That gives you an idea on how much velocity is lost out of these 2" barrels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a Taurus 605, .357 in titanium. It is small, light , and easy to hide. I haven't shot it that much but it's a handful. I've put some better grips on it and I need to try it out again. It seems like an ideal carry gun. I just got my CCW permit last week so it's all still new to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I carry a 617 and love it! Just wish I could get different grips and holster for it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I am a Taurus fan. I carry a PT-111 every day. I also own 2 Taurus .357 magnum revolvers, and a PT-99 (adjustable sight version of the PT-92) that I bought in 1989. It has well over 25,000 rounds through it and it has never given me a single problem. Not a one. And it still has the original springs and magazines. It is the night stand gun for me, with a 32 round magazine. It was my first carry gun. Kind of big for concealed carry but what did I know when I was 22?

I wish I could stumble across a find like you did. I waould have snatched it up too. Good job.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
wow...good buy at $275 ! I have owned alot of taurus arms thru the last 12 years. Most of them I wished I had kept (we all know that story...).
I have one at the moment that I'll never part with. A model 85 SS ultra-lite .38 snubby. Just a wonderful piece.
Long live Taurus ! :hand10:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just wanted to add that according to Taurus all of their modern guns (revolvers, semi-autos, etc.) are +P rated. Check it out on their downloadable PDF catalog. ;O)

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts