Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker who is posting again ....

I recently pre-ordered a Sig P320 RX Compact and am looking at MultiHolster as my option for a Kydex OWB / IWB holster. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them before I make my order?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sorry I don't have much to offer on the holster you are considering. I generally like a dedicated IWB and a dedicated OWB. You do however have a very cool screen name.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Usually, any tool designed to accomplish more than a singular task is less-than ideal at accomplishing any of its multiple options. Yet, admittedly, I have no experience nor recon regarding the MultiHolster. Good Luck! :hand10:

Reactions: sgb

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They are okay. A lot of modern guns are similar in design so that holster is able to fit a wide variety of firearms. However, you should test it if you can. While it can accommodate a lot of guns, it doesn't fit them all equally well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are okay. A lot of modern guns are similar in design so that holster is able to fit a wide variety of firearms. However, you should test it if you can. While it can accommodate a lot of guns, it doesn't fit them all equally well.
You might be thinking of another company.

MultiHolster has custom Kydex options for a variety of gun models. It's not a one size fits all kind of holster.

I was a big fan of Bravo Concealment Holsters but they stopped making custom holsters and now only cater to 5-6 models
of firearms.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
When I buy a new carry gun, the first thing I get for it is a Multi Elite holster. I just bought my 4th, this one for my new M&P Shield. Very well made. However, I do consider my Ruger SR9c (28.5 oz. loaded) to be at the upper limit weight-wise for a single clip kydex holster.

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
If this is the one you are referring to
http://www.multiholsters.com/shop/inside-the-waistband-holsters/elite-quick-ship-pancake-holster/

it looks awfully big and clunky to me, like that hard Kydex could be miserable if you tried to stuff it all inside your waistband.

For close to the same price you can get two separate holsters from concealment Express. Give them a look. they don't make a ton of different gun models. Vedder, however, does. I have both brands and like both of them very much.

The SIG P320 is so popular that you should be able to find a holster very easily for it. Not sure about the compact size, though. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I've had several dedicated IWB holsters from Multiholster. They are very well made. I've never owned their IWB/OWB combo, but I've had a couple of Raven Concealment holsters that do the same thing. I like them for OWB but not IWB. It's also a pain to deal with switching the hardware every time you want to change from IWB to OWB. I'd definitely get separate IWB and OWB holsters. There are a lot of good kydex makers out there. I prefer Ozarks Holster Company, JM Custom Kydex, RM Holsters and Vedder.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This is in no way a slam on Multiholster.....My issue is with all single clip IWB holsters...and especially with larger frame heavier handguns....and add to that that I carry appendix....

Every single clip holster I ever tried was not very stable..it would shift around while sitting, standing, getting in and out of vehicles, or just daily go about your business and I would always find myself readjusting the holster. Also at appendix the single clip models just don't spread the weight of the weapon enough to be at a comfort level of 10 out of 10...More like 6 or 7 out of 10......I have found that the double clip Kydex on leather are the most stable and most comfortable holsters I have ever tried for AIWB carry. Holster does not shift around at all and the weight distribution just adds to overall comfort. So on the single clips...count me out....I have reached that age where I need my comfort as I carry all day everyday.

What does not work for me may well work for you and your carry style and as others have indicated you have to try them out before you know if they are good for you or not...and that folks is why well all have a spare chest of drawers or a closet bottom full of holsters in shoe boxes that we tried and found they did not work for us........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts