Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning guns with my dad one day and pretty much rambling on about how i need to save money and get a new scope to replace the walmart brand crap i have on my Marlin 22 Mag rifle. I open a gift from him this morning at his house. Its a scope! ha dads really know how to take care of their boys!! Anyway just wondering what people think? He said a couple people at the store he talked with suggested it and I really dont know too much about it.

This is the scope, it looks nice and very clear. I cant wait to get out on the range...

Simmons - 22 Mag

OH and Merry Christmas! a tad few hours late....:wave:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Looks good! Nice gift for Christmas! IMO, the Simmons scopes are good. I have an ATV atop one of my Ruger 10/22s and it's been nothing but dependable. As with any scope, the mounting makes the whole deal a great package. No reason to 'over-scope' a .22lr rifle IMO. Other than the Simmons scopes, I've heard good reviews on the BSA sweet 22 scopes, and the Meuller scopes as well. Odd how over the years some manufacturers have started making options for dedicated 22lr scopes. The recoil is actually different, and can ruin some of the lower end centerfire scopes over time. Good luck with it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts