Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,391 Posts
If this is a leather holster just place the gun in a zip-lock bag and insert it in the holster. Overnight is usually enough to loosen without making it too loose. Kydex I have no idea.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If its leather it will loosen within a few days if you draw the weapon a few times each day. Kydex has to be warmed.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Draw the firearm 200-300 times daily for several days...in between those days, let the gun sit in a plastic bag, in the holster...it will loosen up...:yup:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
If leather, you can even just let the gun sit holstered for several days. If after that time it's still far too stiff, a few dozen draws should loosen things up. Don't be impatient. If you loosen it too far, that's it.

Some suggest the baggie method, overnight. I've done this once or twice. Worked fine. But I still have visions of it ultimately ending up too loose. If you can do it, just allow the leather a bit of time to accommodate the gun's shape, via remaining holstered and drawing a number of times.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Plastic bags or wax paper work. I prefer wax paper (1 or2 wraps) as it also "lubricates" the holster. Wrap the gun and insert in holster, let sit overnight. The next day draw and reinsert gun several times. Repeat if needed.

If you loosen it too far, that's it.
Not entirely true, but it is a lot less work and mess if you don't go too far.

·
Premium Member
39,439 Posts
Plastic bags or wax paper work. I prefer wax paper (1 or2 wraps) as it also "lubricates" the holster. Wrap the gun and insert in holster, let sit overnight. The next day draw and reinsert gun several times. Repeat if needed.
I had to use four layers of wax paper to get a leather holster's retention right for a Kahr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.