Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted a thread about a couple of new guns I bought, including a nice hunting rifle:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/general-firearm-discussion/91719-christmas-came-early-my-wife-locked-up-wife-year-honors.html

I have a question about the rifle that I thought might get lost in the mix there, so I wanted to post a separate thread.

The rifle has a Leupold scope on it. It does not say what model of scope it is, though the scope does have a serial number on it. I went on Leupold's website and searched that serial number but nothing came up.

Does anyone know how I can find out what model of scope this is? Thanks in advance for your help!:hand10:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Can't tell from the pic there in the other thread. Is it a variable or fixed power? I do notice the windage and elevation knobs are low profile though.
Leupold || 100 Years of Leupold History

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Looks like either a VX-I or VX-II 3-9x50, to me. Hard to tell which, but styling of the eyepiece and objective don't match the VX-III or the Rifleman series. You can call 1-800-LEUPOLD to verify the serial number, and they may be able to tell you what it actually is.

·
Registered
617 Posts
From the picture it looks like a VX-1. As per above it will say on the scope. Leupold scopes are IMO very good, and I have them on all my rifles except one which is a special purpose 22-250

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I checked and all of my Leupolds have the model on the bell. Some are in gold lettering. Some are just stamped and hard to read. Can't beat the lifetime warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts