Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do. One NAA black widow in .22 lr and one NAA black widow in .22 mag. All day, every day. Mag in right front pocket and .22 lr crossdraw so I can draw in the car. Not the most powerful but they work for me. Most comfortable guns I've ever carried so if I'm awake I'm carrying them. They make me smile.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does any one carry a 22 as your edc?
When you say "as your edc", I read that as "your only", or, your "primary"... EDC." With that as the basis, my response is, "Absolutely not." There are too many EDC-able centerfire options.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't but my wife carries either her Ruger SR22 or her .22 magnum LCR (which I prefer she carry, only holds 6 but 6 magnums is not bad)
the SR22 is almost the exact same size as a shield LOL! but she hates my shield
so she sticks with the rugers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not yet, but in about a month I'm going to add an NAA 22lr as back up to my 642. With Stinger ammo, that little gun can be very discouraging to bad guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
If that is one's choice to carry a .22 and they are confident and competent with what they carry then so be it......just wouldn't be for me. I would miss my Shield .40 :smile:

·
Registered
101 Posts
If that is one's choice to carry a .22 and they are confident and competent with what they carry then so be it......just wouldn't be for me. I would miss my Shield .40
Yeah, I wouldn't carry a .22 as a primary. If recoil is the issue, I would go with a .327 at the smallest.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Before the advent of frangible 9mm ammo, the Israelis made good use of .22 Berettas inside crowded aircraft cabins killing highjackers. Enough to penetrate the head, not too much to go through and hurt passengers.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
EDC MUST be reliable, the only 22's I know of as reliable are target 22's, Buckmark, Mark 4's which aren't carry guns. Worst case scenario I might carry a Ruger SR22 but even that's iffy. Can't imagine trusting my life with anything less than a 380.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
EDC? Nope. On rare occasion, I do conceal a .22 LR. High Standard, 9 shot, DAO, snubbie. Mostly just to...air it out.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Well no, but with some creative math I could say yes because I have carried my .44

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Not EDC, but I do occasionally carry an LCR .22 magnum. My wife carries either an LCR or Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 magnum

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Used to pocket carry a Beretta 21A until I had to use it on a 120+lb Rottweiler that tried to attack my Daughter. Eight rounds, no misses, and had to get my shotgun to finish him off.
All the first shot accomplished was to get his attention despite it being a perfect broadside hit. That shot may have done him in, but not before he had my Daughter's pug for lunch and then started on her.

Nope, now I don't carry anything less than a 380. I might be a slow learner, but I DO learn!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
My wife carries an LCR 22 everyday, with my blessings as it is that or nothing at all. I can respect a woman that knows what she'll do and what she won't.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts