Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with ammoshoponline.com?

TIA

·
Registered
621 Posts
3.5 star rating on ammoseek. Reddit has some good, some bad.... customer service issues and delays in shipping.....

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
Both my son and I ordered a full case (each) of ammo from them and after we each tried to contact them several times, they never bothered to ship the orders until each of us reported the place to our credit card companies for fraud. Then, miraculously, less than a week after I reported them, on a Sunday, my order showed up.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has ordered from them 2 or 3 times and got good service each time. That is why there are some good ratings and a lot of bad ones.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I placed my first order with them on the 19th of this month. It says my order is on hold. I sent a e mail this morning and had a reply within 15 minutes explaining of the large back log they have and ensuring that my order will be coming soon. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
I placed my first order with them on the 19th of this month. It says my order is on hold. I sent a e mail this morning and had a reply within 15 minutes explaining of the large back log they have and ensuring that my order will be coming soon. Time will tell.
WOW -- You actually got a reply from them. That is amazing. Really.

Note that they charge your credit card as soon as you place the order. Most reputable companies will place a "pending" charge on your account but do not actually charge your card until your order is shipped.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have ordered from them three different times. The first time I was hesitant because of the semi bad reviews. But thought I’d give them a try. they had what I needed at a price I was willing to pay and I was all right with it. They said about three weeks shipping and I actually got it within a week and a half so all in all I’ve been very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Note that they charge your credit card as soon as you place the order. Most reputable companies will place a "pending" charge on your account but do not actually charge your card until your order is shipped.
Just checked my card and the charges are pending. I'll wait to see what happens. If this does take too long it will become a One and Done with them.

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
Just checked my card and the charges are pending. I'll wait to see what happens. If this does take too long it will become a One and Done with them.
That is good news, Kenny. Perhaps they straightened up their act since my son and I had those bad experiences with them. I hope so. It was close to 1 1/2 or 2 years ago I think.

I had a feeling that they were not a "real" company with a warehouse but that the orders they get are drop shipped from the manufacturer. My feeling may be invalid, and it may have been that way but changed also. Who really knows? The important thing is that you are not actually charged until the shipment is in transit and that it doesn't take forever and 8 days to get to you, right?

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
That is good news, Kenny. Perhaps they straightened up their act since my son and I had those bad experiences with them. I hope so. It was close to 1 1/2 or 2 years ago I think.

I had a feeling that they were not a "real" company with a warehouse but that the orders they get are drop shipped from the manufacturer. My feeling may be invalid, and it may have been that way but changed also. Who really knows? The important thing is that you are not actually charged until the shipment is in transit and that it doesn't take forever and 8 days to get to you, right?
It looks like my order shipped at 8:45 EST this morning. Now I wait for the package. Film at 11.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts