Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry a Glock G23 in my JM Custom Kydex AWIB and carry with confidence, no worries I have about AD's. I keep my finger off the trigger when Drawing or Reholstering. My G23 draws quickly and cleanly from my holster. I have read a lot of post in various gun forums where people will shy away from this carry method, and probably rightly so but I feel with the right AWIB holster used, I feel very confident and might I add carry with comfort my AWIB. :smoke23:

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I don't AIWB, but you should get a ton of positive responses to this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There are varying degrees of increased risk when carrying AIWB. It's your call whether or not it's worth it to you. Personally, I would NEVER reholster a striker-fired weapon, particularly one sans thumb safety.
Y

·
Registered
622 Posts
I sometimes carry a big G19 aiwb in a remora. No worries.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
My go to method of CC: S&W M&P9C, without thumb safety and one in the pipe, AWIB in a JMCUSTOM kydex holster. Have complete confidence in my rig and keeping my hook off the trigger till ready to fire.

·
Registered
188 Posts
New to carrying, but I have complete confidence in my Kahr CW9 in a Cry Havoc Grim AIWB. The trigger is covered and I don't see any possible reason to reholster in haste. The gun will not fire without the trigger being pulled.

·
Registered
270 Posts
G23 in a full kydex holster riding there every day with confidence I won't blow my baby maker to pieces. I practice drawing a lot to make sure drawing properly is a habit. And when it comes to reholstering, I take my granny old time and look down the whole time. I'm not gonna try look cool by doing a fast draw/shoot/reholster...between my undershirt or my belly hair I won't risk something that is not my finger pulling the trigger. I have full confidence my gun won't magically go off while its in the holster.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I know there are quite a few here that primarily carry AIWB.
I prefer SIWB. S=Spleen. :image035: Crossdraw just works for me, and don't worry about the doom and gloom crowd.:aargh4:
Since reholstering is when most accidents happen I train a lot where I have to re-holster a hot gun. Now I’ve become much more aware in this motion – looking closely at the holster, clothing, and just triple checking that there’s no way to cause a discharge.

This, after all, seems to be the biggest issue with appendix carry. But it’s easily rectified by just paying attention and being very deliberate in your motions.

I have used Remoras but like my modded Clinger Atom.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I AIWB my Glock 43 everyday. I use a few different holsters for it depending on what I'm wearing that day or what I'm doing. My Don Hume w/body shield is my most used for everyday wear when I have an over garment or don't need to tuck my shirt. Alien Gear 2.0 for when I have to tuck in my shirt. And a Tagua original for when I'm wearing athletic shorts. But always carried about 1 o'clock. No holes in my naughty bits as of yet.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't carry AIWB simply because I don't like it. But then I hardly ever carry a striker fired pistol any more, actually at the moment I only still have two of them in the safe and I'm probably going to sell one of them.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Yes. (...is this a trick question? :blink:)

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
yeah...Ruger LC9s with the manual safety so I don't shoot the boys off...............................if that happens I'll have to change my login name to Doogina...............:embarassed:

Reactions: Morbidrealities

·
Registered
194 Posts
As long as the trigger guard is covered and you pay attention when reholstering the gun ain't going off on its own. I carry my Walther P99c QA preset striker fired pistol AIWB in a kydex holster every waking moment with complete confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
I carry a Kahr CM9 AIWB in a kydex holster. In the morning I will usually put it in the holster prior to placing it on my belt.
In addition the Kahrs have a long trigger pull which is a little more forgiving. When looking at a new pistol it came down to a Glock 27, M&P40C and a SigP250C. The Sig was midway between the two in price, came with nightsights and a rail laser/light attachment. I am already used to a long smooth trigger pull so the P250's did not bother me plus I like the additional safety of thumb-over-the-hammer when reholstering. I understand that these guns only fire if the trigger is pulled however I also know I am not a flawless person. Comfortable carrying it in a Vedder Light Tuck holster.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts