Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever order "on line" from them w/ a credit card as I see an address listed but, not a phone number.

CLICK HERE TO GO THERE

Added Later By QKShooter.
OK...I just really checked this place out.
WARNING!! ~ STAY AWAY From Florida Gun Works!
BAD NEWS ~ Miami Front Company.
LOTS OF Rip Offs posted all over the web.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Checked several of the weapons that I am more familiar with,and the prices look pretty good. You still gotta do the shipping,tax,FFL,thing. I take prices like this to my local gun stores and usually they will match it. But....Fla-Da tax is a killer. ------

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
What's the FL tax level then? On 6% here which is plenty high enough!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have heard some very serious negatives about FGW.
Taking orders and not delivering and stuff like that.
Be careful

AFS

·
Registered
473 Posts
there's been some talk of this place on other forums.
one thing mentioned was the raising of prices when ordering. one price on the web, another price when checking out.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

I think I'm going to steer clear.
I usually don't trust any place too much that does not post a phone number. Especially on the secure order page.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hmmm, 7 and 7.5% - not so good!

Seems odd and unjust to have extra tax on weapon stuff tho.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Check out this link about Florida Gun Works

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
And speaking of bad gun shops, a friend of mine who is just getting into the whole shooting scene, decided to go buy himself an AKlon at a local gun shop in Miami-Dade. He was smart enough to do the simplest of fieldstrips and although he did not know the specific names for all the parts, he told me that the gas piston came loose on his hand and obviously the whole gun did not cycle right, it had plastic color mismatched furniture and the trunion was not tight in the receiver... hell he said it was "dancing" inside. I don't know if they were trying to sell him a messed up gun or worse, they were trying to sell an assembled one from parts kits gun. I had 2 bad experiences with the same place so I havent done business in eons and will never do ever again.

·
Registered
269 Posts
RSSZ said:
P95, Flah-Da is 7%. Some weapon related stuff is 7.5%.-------
Florida's tax rate is 6%. Some counties add a "discretionary tax" though.
Sales Tax

Florida's general sales tax rate is 6 percent. Each retail sale, admission charge, storage, use, or rental is taxable, along with some services. Some items are specifically exempt. Some counties impose a discretionary sales surtax in addition to the 6 percent state tax. The county tax rates can range from .25 to 2.5 percent, and are levied on the first $5,000 of the purchase price. The $5,000 limit does not apply to commercial rentals, transient rentals, or services. Consumers pay sales tax and any county-imposed taxes to the seller at the time of purchase.
Florida department of revenue
Good luck. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Bud White said:
ouch i thought 6% was bad
No state income tax, though. So it's not that painful.

Matt

·
Registered
206 Posts
No sales tax on grocery purchases or medical supplies, either. Homestead exemption keeps property taxex reasonable. Actually a tax friendly state. Come on down!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts