Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a scenario thread where you are surrounded. Got me thinking a bit.

I've never done any 360* training. Lots of 180* but for obvious safety reasons, and lack of places to even try full 360*.

Anybody have a range with a pit/hole/circled burm?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, with open hand combatives, impact weapons, edged weapons, and airsoft for firearms. Also with a Blue Gun for weapons retention.

While on the job I did live fire in a shoot house. Much less stressful than with airsoft where people are attacking and fighting you back.- George

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Yes.
Training and real world street fights.

Street fights with tools including knives to which in one incident I was stabbed in the lower back with a pencil. This was normal and every week condition where I lived and grew up. Same goes for night clubs and other places where people gather. You will most likely be attacked by multiples and from any and all directions, including I've seen but not been directly victim of persons throwing beer bottles to attack as from elevated platforms/floors.

Rules of thumb of where I'm from:
Never ever turn your back on an enemy who is down.
Always keep your back against a wall.
Always there is someone involved who you cannot see or detect aka 'The brotha in the back' rule as my friends and I used to refer to it and discuss prior to entering any club where a fight was likely...which was then everywhere.
Get out/away, from trouble/danger/physical harm, ASAP...Before reinforcements and/or the po-po arrive.

Training wise yes as well using Simunitions with firearms both in a shoot house as well as scenario driven (scripted) among a large open indoor range.

It is not easy regardless.
Very stressful in the immediate.

Requires strength and flexibility though as well as a good sense for local/regional awareness of trouble signs. IMHO.

- Janq

P.S. - On the streets it is normal to train to this end.
Ask anyone who grew up as such,or has been to a county lockup or prison.
Hand to hand and hand to arms (knife or otherwise).

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have clarified shooting in a 360* environment. I Don't think that there are any public shoot houses out here (Colorado). LEO only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts