Defensive Carry banner

2661 - 2680 of 4912 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Congratulations! Just being another foolish old man, even though not valid any more due to expiration date and moving to and claiming Texas as my residency state and qualifying here, I still keep my first CC permit card from Nevada as a keepsake.

Reactions: flh

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,663
My Class 3 guy sent me an email saying my application was approved.
Sure wish he had called or texted me instead, as I was darn close to his neck of the woods when he sent the email... oh well. I suppose it's worth another drive into the city, lol. Two days shy of a year.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I haven't bought 115 gr 9mm in a while - should be fun. The 30-30 is to practice a little snap shooting with my lever gun in preparation of hunting season. Woot.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.47.29 PM.png

EDIT - darn, I just noted that I ordered the 170 gr 30-30's. Not the best training rounds. Oh well. I'm still excited. That 30-30 gets expensive to feed but you gotta do it considering it's limitations.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I haven't bought 115 gr 9mm in a while - should be fun. The 30-30 is to practice a little snap shooting with my lever gun in preparation of hunting season. Woot.

View attachment 207329

EDIT - darn, I just noted that I ordered the 170 gr 30-30's. Not the best training rounds. Oh well. I'm still excited. That 30-30 gets expensive to feed but you gotta do it considering it's limitations.
Time to get a reloading press

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

View attachment 207329

Great looking order to me try not to shot it all in one sitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You need a press, drift. It makes the price of ammo much easier to overlook.
Instead you are buying bullets, primers and powder :tongue:
Great minds think alike :slap::biggrin2:

Reactions: PAcanis and drift

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I really do need to reload! The 9mm isn't bad. I got the 115's to shoot with my friend being she's new. I still have cases of 124 gr 9mm (much more than the 115's as you know). But that 30-30 is killing me. $0.75 for junk. I'll shoot that $154 in three trips easy. I love shooting my 30-30 :smile:.

Bah... I got to look into it. It'll be a year though. I got to get back to the home full time.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,671
I just got that little doohickey for my Shockwave that will allow it to feed 1-3/4" shells. Granted, the 1-3/4" buckshot are nowhere to be found, but I've got the doohickey. Maybe I'll just pick up some slugs.
I also got a rail for it, but even though I had extensive conversation with an Amazon customer who assured me it would work, it doesn't. Looks like I'll have to wait for GG&G to make one if I want to mount anything up front, where I'd like to.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Isn't this the kind of thing that lets you see the crosshairs where you are aiming?
Yes Sr. It just depends on the phone case adaptor you buy. The adaptor I bought was for my Lieca Ultravid binos. I'll probably also order one for my scope. Only concern I have about the scope is it messing with my cheek weld.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,678
I fiddled with that mount that didn't work and mounted it to the barrel instead. I'm not sure how well it will hold up there (I had to use a spacer), but it looked good enough to go ahead and order the laser I've had my eye on.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Purchased this holster. (Not my gun in photo)
like my leather holsters but,
Going to try kydex for the first time. Want an open top holster with some retention.
Fits Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28

kydex1.jpg

kydex2.jpg

2661 - 2680 of 4912 Posts