Defensive Carry banner

4601 - 4620 of 4889 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bought a box of Federal Shortys in #4 buckshot for my daughter to try out in an old "Joe Biden Special" . Years ago I cut down on old Stevens 12 to 24" and tested it. Still good barrel regulation so I went to 22" and patterned it again. This time they were just starting to spread apart so I stopped and had one of those red plastic sights like Ithica used put on. I was hoping to get down to about 19". I'm still tempted to try it. I also thinned the pistol grip to my liking and worked on the comb also. I never did get it as light and fast as I was hoping for.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
CDNN SPORTS is getting out of the Ammo Sales business. So I picked up 100 rounds (4 boxes) of 185 gr .45 acp for just $55. They’re also having a sale on accessories. So I got another gun cleaning kit and a gun tool kit for a song. Spent under $100 total, including shipping. I picked up the ammo because it was a sweeeet deal and not because I needed it.

However, such is not the case with my supply of 10mm. I’m going to Underwood for that as well and I’m gonna spend for maximum muzzle energy and accuracy instead of quantity’s of rounds. My EAA TANFOGLIO HUNTER Elite is a long slide that’s incredibly accurate and will be my go-to gun for safely enjoying the great outdoors in East Tennessee this spring and summer. That’s for riverside Trout fishing in Black Bear territory. We’ve got a lot of Coyotes and even Mountain Lions too. I don’t want to lug my S&W XVR 460 around either. I don’t own a Cason to haul it behind my Wrangler. The 10mm has magazines with 14 rd capacity and that’s awesome. The best muzzle energy I’ve ever seen in my 45 acp guns is somewhere around 400 foot pounds of muzzle energy in a +P load. A decent load in the 10mm offers up about 750 foot pounds of muzzle energy! That’s approaching the magical realm of the venerable 41 magnum. More than adequate for any eventuality.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got a 13#, 15# and 17# recoil springs along with a tungsten guide ride for my Canik Tp9sfx. Time to start recoil tuning.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Haven't posted on this thread in a while....

Yesterday I picked up 8lbs of Varget and 8lbs of CFR223, last week 15K in primers to go with was delivered. I've already got 3K in 62 grn FMJ. I'm now set for this years 3Gun matches & practice, IF it weren't for the cancellations...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Picked up a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in 45 Colt. Made in 1997 & in like new condition. Got to take it out for the first last Sunday & try out the Skinner Express peep sight I installed to see if I was going to have to get a new front sight. Not the best day for shooting-muddy, windy, & starting to rain but did get a target set up at sixty yards & took some shots off the bed of the truck with some hand loads. 250 grain Berry's plated flat points over 6 grains of Tightgroup printed a decent pattern under the conditions & it looks like I'll be OK with the existing front sight. It's the perfect companion for my Vaquero & it feels good to have a lever action back in my hands.

·
Super Moderator
18,253 Posts
I think all my "testing quantities" of performance factory .38 Super ammunition ordered early this month has now trickled in today. That COVID-19 has much to answer for throwing off shipments.

Now, if the carbide die set ordered from RCBS will ever show up we'll be in the .38 Super business. First a notification was received that the dies have to be re-made because of a quality control issue. Then the ordering frenzy has reared its ugly head.

Hoping to meet or exceed these factory loads with carefully prepared hand loads.

·
Super Moderator
18,253 Posts
Well ... bummer!

Just after posting the above I find a new email from them.

Originally received this one on March 10th.

Hello Bryan,

Your order of the Carbide Die Set has been delayed due to an issue with one of the components used during manufacturing; I was informed by production that new dies will be ready in approximately 2-3 weeks.

Please let me know if you would like me to keep your order open and we will ship out the dies to you when they are ready, or if you would like to cancel and order the dies again when they become available.

Also, please accept our apologies for the delay in processing your order, as well as any inconvenience this may have caused.

Followed by this one just now.

"Hello Bryan,

I regret to inform you that I had to cancel your order; you should see a refund/void of charges on your credit card in the next two days. Since all of CA is on shelter-in-place directive from the Governor, we do not have any staff available to produce the die that you had ordered before your original order was set to expire in our system.

I would be happy to contact you again once this die is available, so you can re-order. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this cancellation/delay has caused."

Out here in the hinterlands I have no choice but to wait so wait I will.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Picked up my Henry Big Boy Case Hardened Carbine in .357/.38 today. Not quite sure why I bought it, I'm likely not going to get to shoot it very soon, and while I bought some .357 before the run on ammo, I still need to get some 158 grain .38 special. THAT is costing more than what I paid for the .357 three weeks ago.

mDdopPl.jpg

4601 - 4620 of 4889 Posts