Defensive Carry banner

4761 - 4780 of 4882 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
I just bought my first complete AR-15 pistol lower!

Receiver is Machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings
Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
7075 Receiver Extension
Magpul Grip, Black
SB Tactical SBA4 Adjustable Brace, Black
Magpul Trigger Guard, Black
Standard Carbine Buffer
Enhanced Polished Trigger Group (EPT)
Caliber: Multi
I haven't even assembled the first PSA carbine I bought. Is America great or what? :usflag:

I'll pair it with a shorter barrel to carry in my truck. This is replacing the '74 Winchester lever gun in 30-30.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I just bought my first complete AR-15 pistol lower!

I haven't even assembled the first PSA carbine I bought. Is America great or what? :usflag:

I'll pair it with a shorter barrel to carry in my truck. This is replacing the '74 Winchester lever gun in 30-30.
lol. I have a stripped lower thats been sitting in my safe for a couple years. I really need to complete it one of these days. Then buy a couple more lowers to have as spares...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just got the rest of the parts to finally convert my Remington 870 for home defense purposes. In addition to the barrel, stock & side saddle; I also upgraded the follower, extractor, carrier spring & safety. I have an original police +3 mag extension, but it is a little too long for this 18.5" barrel. The new +3 extensions will be flush fit with an 18.5" barrel, but are currently unavailable. So, that will have to wait. :(

BeforeAfter.png

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Made me some dummy practice rounds for my 12g. The wrinkled roll crimp is what happens when you dont let the roll crimp tool heat up the plastic sufficiently.
View attachment 327348
View attachment 327350
CWO likes to load bullets too. To me it’s like cooking, going to a bunch of work and the party is over within minutes. Glad y’all enjoy it though I call it “pinching bullets” and somebody has to do it :yup: [tbh I’d prolly starve to death if had to do that for a living]

·
Super Moderator
21,910 Posts
Just got the rest of the parts to finally convert my Remington 870 for home defense purposes. In addition to the barrel, stock & side saddle; I also upgraded the follower, extractor, carrier spring & safety. I have an original police +3 mag extension, but it is a little too long for this 18.5" barrel. The new +3 extensions will be flush fit with an 18.5" barrel, but are currently unavailable. So, that will have to wait. :(

View attachment 327692
Looks good, you're going to love that MAGPUL stock.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Upper Build

Put this together yesterday, just the upper, mounted it on a Colt lower. I'll build a lower later as I'm still deciding what to do for the lower. Built this as a range toy, looking to see what it will do in the 300-500 yd range. I have some heavier bullets in the 69-77 gr range. I'm hoping to keep it at or under 1 MOA. I don't currently reload .223 but I might have to start! :image035:

*Upper: Stripped Anderson
*Barrel: CBC Industries 16" .223 Wylde, 1:8, 416 SS, Bear Claw cut
*Brake: VG6 Gamma 556
*Handguard: Odin Ragna, 12.5"
*Scope: Vortex Sonora 4-12 on Vortex mount

0FCC03AE-0D56-4AEC-8BB9-81CF2A1B1545.JPG

55F966EA-27E0-4B93-A5E4-10C758B8E53F.JPG

The Range handguard is the most open I've seen and I really like the way it allows you to see the Bear Claw cut barrel.
Hopefully we'll be able to get to the range this week.

Shout out to Sister for staging the photos. :hand56::smlove2:

·
Registered
33,882 Posts
Put this together yesterday, just the upper, mounted it on a Colt lower. I'll build a lower later as I'm still deciding what to do for the lower. Built this as a range toy, looking to see what it will do in the 300-500 yd range. I have some heavier bullets in the 69-77 gr range. I'm hoping to keep it at or under 1 MOA. I don't currently reload .223 but I might have to start! :image035:
After all my years of reloading, it wasn't until I started reloading the Mongoose that I finally bought a Hornady headspace gauge. Wonderful little gadget for setting up sizing dies for proper cartridge headspace. A set of die shims makes minute die adjustments ever so easy. So far I've made new adjustments to my 788 .223 setting, my AR .223 settings, and of course, the Mongoose setting.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

*Upper: Stripped Anderson
*Barrel: CBC Industries 16" .223 Wylde, 1:8, 416 SS, Bear Claw cut
*Brake: VG6 Gamma 556
*Handguard: Odin Ragna, 12.5"
*Scope: Vortex Sonora 4-12 on Vortex mount

View attachment 327812

View attachment 327814

The Range handguard is the most open I've seen and I really like the way it allows you to see the Bear Claw cut barrel.
Hopefully we'll be able to get to the range this week.

Shout out to Sister for staging the photos. :hand56::smlove2:
Be interesting to hear how the CBC barrel shoots. Been thinking about ordering one from them myself.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
After all my years of reloading, it wasn't until I started reloading the Mongoose that I finally bought a Hornady headspace gauge. Wonderful little gadget for setting up sizing dies for proper cartridge headspace. A set of die shims makes minute die adjustments ever so easy. So far I've made new adjustments to my 788 .223 setting, my AR .223 settings, and of course, the Mongoose setting.
I've only loaded straight wall cases, never shot enough necked case calibers to make it worth while. I'll look at this if I do start reloading .223.

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
ADE4B7CB-2290-4728-A3BA-7CF8794CA858.jpeg

Decided it was time to complete the lower I mentioned a couple pages back.

4761 - 4780 of 4882 Posts