Defensive Carry banner

4941 - 4960 of 4992 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
GOT A FULL CASE OF .22lr TODAY!
When checking ammoseek the other day I found Aguila .22lr Super Extra at South Georgia Outdoors for a very reasonable price and no limit! I ordered a case of 5,000 on Monday and it was delivered by FedEx TODAY, Thursday morning. The last time I bought a case of Aguila Super Extra a couple years ago I paid 5 cents a round. This was 7.3 cents per round which is unbelievably reasonable considering what everyone else is charging for any kind of ammo now!

It got sold out rather quickly, which is no surprise. This is my outdoor shooting ammo because I am pretty sure they are still using Eley primers and it STINKS SOMETHING AWFUL when you shoot it. I shot it indoors twice (slow learner) and couldn't get the smell out of my nose for hours and hours afterwards. I still have some Armscor .22lr left for when my friend and I have to go to the indoor range due to "too hot" or "too cold" outside. I also have some CCI Mini Mags left but since my Ruger Mark IV Lite totally refuses to work with anything else, I try to save the CCI Mini Mags for that picky gun.

I share ammo with my friend, and a full case is really about a half case for each of us. However, both my friend and I can keep shooting now even if our supply of .380 gets too low to be using it on the range - which is a real possibility. Our carry guns are .380 so we can not run out of that ammo!

ETA: The individual boxes of the new Aguila say "Aguila primed" so it will be interesting to see how THIS smells when it gets shot. Aguila is also making Aguila ammo that specifies "Eley primed," but the one place I saw it for sale, the price per round was higher. Things change from time to time, don't they? I really don't care which primer is used as long as it goes BANG reliably.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
IAW USPS it's out for delivery, bought a Precision Armament "Hypertap" brake for my 3Gun rig:

Going to mount it this afternoon and test fire/re-zero if needed. There's a match next SAT so I'll get to try it out. Won't make any friends with the spectators, but it's supposed to drop recoil 80%, should make my flat shooting carbine a little "flatter".

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,798 Posts
Bought an unturned unfired nickel-plated second generation 4 3/4" Colt SAA .45 Colt with ivory grips shipped in 1960. Film at eleven.

·
Registered
59 Posts
UPS was supposed to deliver 4 boxes of .38spl +p and 9mm +p but apparently UPS diver doesn't know what an APT number is , will try again Monday.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Bought an unturned unfired nickel-plated second generation 4 3/4" Colt SAA .45 Colt with ivory grips shipped in 1960. Film at eleven.
Damn! How do you find stuff like this!

And we’re waiting for the film.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Postman brought me an 8 round mag spare mag for my P290 - I like him; he does things like that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had this for a couple months but just got around to shooting it and getting the sights set. A fairly decent Remington SS 514 .22 bolt action single shot. It has some blemishes on the barrel where it apparently the plating (at least it looks like plating me) has started to come off. Had to drift the front blade about .060" to get it hit at point of aim but it does shoot and at 50 yards put 5 holes within 1" with open sights off the rest. Will make a good chipmunk killer around the yard shooting shorts and will give the wife something she can practice with as she doesn't like big and noisy guns as they make her flinch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4941 - 4960 of 4992 Posts