Defensive Carry banner

4961 - 4980 of 4992 Posts

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,798 Posts
Okay, and now for the rest of the story?
It had a large zip tie to keep the action from being worked. When I removed the zip tie, the cylinder was loose. I was going to clean it and shoot it. The LGS refunded my money. They said it came in with the zip tie.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
It had a large zip tie to keep the action from being worked. When I removed the zip tie, the cylinder was loose. I was going to clean it and shoot it. The LGS refunded my money. They said it came in with the zip tie.
That’s too bad LC. I’m sorry it didn’t work out.

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
The Sig 220 came back from Sig today. Based on a friend's recommendation I bought the slimmer E2 grip kit, but my 1992 vintage gun had a different hammer that didn't work with the hammer strut supplied with the kit. I already had $60 in the grip kit, but Sig traded me a shipping label and custom shop work for $55 - shipping alone would have cost me $80! Looking forward to checking it out soon.

·
Registered
34,608 Posts
I got a ruger blackhawk today in 41 mag, it shoots great!
I bought one while in Alaska. Loved that gun, but it was stolen. I've still got the dies and a few loaded rounds around here . . . somewhere. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
MORE AMMO ARRIVED TODAY

In addition to the small order of Eley .22lr I got a week or two ago, one more of my backorders arrived today: 1,000 rounds of Fiocchi Performance high speed .22lr. I only ordered 1,000 rounds because I've not used Fiocchi in .22lr before but it has been great in other calibers, and it has really wonderful customer reviews.

I did try the new Eley "Target" last week and it is SO NICE! I also shot some of the new Aguila yesterday and did not notice any odor at all.......which means they really are not using Eley primer anymore. The boxes do say Aguilla primed. So, perhaps I can use that at the indoor range also when the rest of my pre-panic Armscor runs out.

NOW I think Gramps might start giving me grief if I keep ordering more .22lr - even though I do share it with my 2 shooting buddies.

The big thing my two buddies and I are waiting for is our back orders for cases of .380 and I have little hope that we will ever get those because the anticipated date has already been pushed back a full month for all 3 orders. But "hope springs eternal......etc." right? As most of you know, there isn't any 9mm that can be back ordered, and the little bit that can be purchased is either nasty steel cased or priced way, way higher than any of us can or will pay.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I actually found some 556 ammo! One 150 rnd box of Frontier M193. Beggars can't br choosey!

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Another pre-owned M&P 9 FS. LGS called today, knowing I have an affinity for M&Ps.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone can lose the manual and spare parts, when you have the case the pistol came in.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
An early Birthday present.

1965 Colt Frontier Scout. 22lr/22mag . Original box and papers. Turn line on one cylinder is barely visible the other has none. Jay Scott custom grips and the originals. This one is so clean I'll likely give it it's own thread, after I get some photos. The original price tag is still on the box---$57.50.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
An early Birthday present.

1965 Colt Frontier Scout. 22lr/22mag . Original box and papers. Turn line on one cylinder is barely visible the other has none. Jay Scott custom grips and the originals. This one is so clean I'll likely give it it's own thread, after I get some photos. The original price tag is still on the box---$57.50.
I'm drooling with anticipation! 🤩

Reactions: Sister and Tstone

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Not today but yesterday...

I picked up an order at Palmetto Arms in Greenville that was an impulse buy pretty much. I saw this pop up on the daily deals and the pice was just too good to pass up. With all the surplus ones going for almost this much I couldn't resist this one in the Compact size. I can say that compact is rather subjective because this thing is moderately large.

A Baretta 92fs Compact..... priced at $399. That almost half priced. Brand new in box with 2 magazines. This thing is almost full sized. 13 + 1 rounds. Being a double stack its a bit on the fat side in the grip. I put some Houge wood grips on it which really didn't change that any. But looks even nicer. Nice Italian design. The military contract gun pretty much. They bought and used some of the compacts.

In addition I was able to score 200 rounds of target 9mm at a field & stream in North Charleston SC and while I was away 100 rounds of Gold Dot 9mm arrived at the house plus 200 rounds of Federal shipped as well.

This thing is really sexy looking...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Not today but yesterday...

I picked up an order at Palmetto Arms in Greenville that was an impulse buy pretty much. I saw this pop up on the daily deals and the pice was just too good to pass up. With all the surplus ones going for almost this much I couldn't resist this one in the Compact size. I can say that compact is rather subjective because this thing is moderately large.

A Baretta 92fs Compact..... priced at $399. That almost half priced. Brand new in box with 2 magazines. This thing is almost full sized. 13 + 1 rounds. Being a double stack its a bit on the fat side in the grip. I put some Houge wood grips on it which really didn't change that any. But looks even nicer. Nice Italian design. The military contract gun pretty much. They bought and used some of the compacts.

In addition I was able to score 200 rounds of target 9mm at a field & stream in North Charleston SC and while I was away 100 rounds of Gold Dot 9mm arrived at the house plus 200 rounds of Federal shipped as well.

This thing is really sexy looking... View attachment 334475 View attachment 334476 View attachment 334474

That's a sweet deal!

4961 - 4980 of 4992 Posts