Defensive Carry banner

4981 - 5000 of 5013 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I just went out on the porch (love living in the country) and shot it a bit. Couple of partial filled mags. Shot well. Locked back on empty. Trigger is predictable and reasonable. Crisp and no surprises. I didn't shoot at targets so I'll reserve judgment on accuracy but they are known to be. Mags are stiff and loading was a bit of a chore. Grip, while fat, was manageable and I didn't have much trouble at all with it. Overall it is a nice firearm. Feels quality. Looks sexy. Discovered they put a full little cleaning kit in the case too. Nice touch. Correction... $399.99! LOL

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I walked into the LGS on Friday and saw they had a used Ruger 10/22 Takedown for sale. SS barrel and a camo colored, synthetic stock. Even though I don't particularly care for the look of a SS barrel, or camo colored anything, for some reason I really wanted the gun. So, I put some money down on it to hold it until later this week. Will post a pic of it when I get it home.

Plus, I picked up 1k rounds of .22 ammo. Also ordered three Ruger 10 round magazines. And while I was at it, ordered a 15 round magazine for the Glock 20.

Since I was on a roll, ordered front and rear sights for my H&K USP. The gun has a threaded barrel, and the current sights sit higher on the slide than I care for. I don't have a suppressor and won't likely be getting one any time in the near future. The newly ordered sights will be lower.

Oh yeah, and got 100 rounds of .357 SJSP ammo.

It's been a pretty decent weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
My Beltman gun belt (1.25", horsehide) arrived this past Saturday, on time, exactly two weeks after I placed the on-line order. I had ordered the belt a few days after my new Kramer horsehide holster arrived. (See Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?.)

I wore this kit around the house this past weekend. I am extremely pleased with both the comfort and quality of both the holster and the gun belt.

rx7sig

K9_Kramer_Beltman_20200802.jpeg

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Picked up the Ruger 10/22 Takedown this afternoon. Not a great pic, but it’ll do. Taking it to the range on Sunday to get acquainted with it.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Got sling hardware for my 1894 Marlin Lever gun.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
I got an RCBS swager, and mlok handstop.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
33,899 Posts
No, I didn't get anything gun-related today. My wife, however got a Shield EZ 380. Things are getting to the point I want her to be a bit more reliable than the Bodyguard allows for.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Gots me some Diamond Pro grips for the SP101 (angle make them look shorter than they are). Best grips for the SP, IMHO. View attachment 334854
That's one very handsome Ruger. I have owned 3 of the sp101 but someone always comes along and talks me into selling them. That 3 inch in my opinion is the best of the line and those grips are very nice. For now I'm swimming in the Smith and Wesson pool but I'm sure another Ruger will be in the safe someday. Now a 6 shot SP101 would pretty much be revolver perfection!!!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Come on can't you like it just a little bit??? Pretty please with sugar on top.
Can't "like it", CUZ I LOVE IT!!!! :) I've got a 60's production 4" that was my Dad's "uniform duty revolver". Since he worked "plain cloth's", & didn't do hardly any "off duty job's", it only got shot when we'd do range time with it. As far as ANY pistol I own, now, I'm the fastest/most accurate out of leather with it. He bought it used (not!) from a desk sergeant, whom only owned it long enough for the armorer to do a trigger job on it. Said he "still didn't like it", & sold it to my a Dad for what he paid (list at the time). NOT going to reveal that, as it'd aggravate everyone here. Enjoy, my friend! ;)

4981 - 5000 of 5013 Posts