Defensive Carry banner

5481 - 5500 of 5527 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I don't have a real picture yet (photo included is a stock photo from the vendor's website), but today I ordered 11 lbs of nickel plated #1 buckshot from Ballistic Products.

I've done business with them before and have been quite happy with their products and services. I recommend them to anyone who handloads.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I heard the brown truck leaving again. I've been on a semi- mission adding more .45 acp. SWC have been at the top of my list for my Gold Cups.
Psst..got something shiny coming next week, NOS from 1992..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
My old roommate makes his own swc for .45 acp.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
I picked up a NIB Ruger LCR .38 special this afternoon from a guy on armslist. It came with 2 boxes of shells. S&B range rounds, and a new box of Hornady Critical Defense 90 Gr , pink tipped stuff. Btw, does anyone know if 90 grain bullets are any good for defense? Seem mighty light to me.

What really surprised me was it was a 50 round box of hornady. So, gun, 2 good boxes of ammo, 50 rounds each, He was asking $600. I got him down to $550.

He had mentioned that he had just bought his wife and himself their first 9MMs, and had plenty of ammo as he had two boxes of ammo.

I had an ammo box in the back of the car with several boxes of Wolf military 9mm, sold him two of those for $60.00, Those were a recent order, and with tax and shipping it cost me slightly more than that.

Nice guy, nice gun, nice ammo, good day:cool:

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I picked up a NIB Ruger LCR .38 special this afternoon from a guy on armslist. It came with 2 boxes of shells. S&B range rounds, and a new box of Hornady Critical Defense 90 Gr , pink tipped stuff. Btw, does anyone know if 90 grain bullets are any good for defense? Seem mighty light to me.

What really surprised me was it was a 50 round box of hornady. So, gun, 2 good boxes of ammo, 50 rounds each, He was asking $600. I got him down to $550.

He had mentioned that he had just bought his wife and himself their first 9MMs, and had plenty of ammo as he had two boxes of ammo.

I had an ammo box in the back of the car with several boxes of Wolf military 9mm, sold him two of those for $60.00, Those were a recent order, and with tax and shipping it cost me slightly more than that.

Nice guy, nice gun, nice ammo, good day:cool:

I really like the LCR's and have wanted one for quite some time now. Would not mind finding one in 9mm as I have plenty of ammo.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
I really like the LCR's and have wanted one for quite some time now. Would not mind finding one in 9mm as I have plenty of ammo.
OK, I’m feeling like a dumb rear end now. I didn’t know they made em in 9mm. Do they need moon clips? I’m like you, 9 mm I got plenty of.

Before this ammo shortage I didn’t have any LCRs. Because of the ammo shortage I also bought one in .22 Lr so I could practice but save .38 spec and save money.

I have not seen any in my neck o the woods in 9mm. Not in stores (no surprise there as it seems all the LCRs are hard to find now), nor on armslist. I was amazed to come across the one I got yesterday.

Good luck. Look forward to reading about how you like the 9mm when you find one.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
OK, I’m feeling like a dumb rear end now. I didn’t know they made em in 9mm. Do they need moon clips? I’m like you, 9 mm I got plenty of.

Before this ammo shortage I didn’t have any LCRs. Because of the ammo shortage I also bought one in .22 Lr so I could practice but save .38 spec and save money.

I have not seen any in my neck o the woods in 9mm. Not in stores (no surprise there as it seems all the LCRs are hard to find now), nor on armslist. I was amazed to come across the one I got yesterday.

Good luck. Look forward to reading about how you like the 9mm when you find one.
They do use moon clips and they are harder to find than hens teeth right now. There is a LCRx in 9mm on Gunbroker and it already has one bid of $730.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
@flh
Question: Do they care in NY how many mags you carry, or just how many bullets are in the mags?

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
@flh
Question: Do they care in NY how many mags you carry, or just how many bullets are in the mags?
No limit on the amount of mags carried, just the amount of bullets in the mags -10 is max .

Reactions: airslot and Sister

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
No limit on the amount of mags carried, just the amount of bullets in the mags -10 is max .
That’s crazy?! So, you can’t carry one with a bunch, but you can still carry all you want as long as the containers are different.

Amazing lol
Thanks for the answer 😊

5481 - 5500 of 5527 Posts