Defensive Carry banner

5501 - 5520 of 5527 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found a whole 5 gallon bucket of new 223 brass I had forgotten about.

Even better, every last one of them were primed and ready to be loaded!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I found a whole 5 gallon bucket of new 223 brass I had forgotten about.

Even better, every last one of them were primed and ready to be loaded!
How do you misplace a 5 gallon bucket of processed brass :eek:

Great Find 😎(y)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I got some Glock mags for my Ruger PC9 carbine yesterday, 2-21 rounders and 2-15 rounders. Plus I got 3-25 round mags and I picked up a used set of Diamondhead BUIS sights and installed them on the S&W M&P 15-22 pistol. Then today I got 2 extended "plus one" finger extension mags for the Colt Mustang. So I got a bounty of things in the last two days. Only got pictures of some of that progress.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Not me, but today my granddaughter picked up the Glock 42 I sent to her from her FFL, and one of my two shooting buddies picked up her brand new P365 TacPac from our LGS. A pretty good "friends and family" day, it was.

·
Super Moderator
18,667 Posts
Rabbit212;

That Smith & Wesson Model 645 sure looks nice. Those were good guns. Smith & Wesson ought to still be making them.

I remember going to a gun shop in Cleburne, Texas when the first one of those Model 645s arrived in town. All of us gun nuts wanted to see it. Admiring the .45 ACP cartridge and Smith & Wesson I fully expected to soon acquire one. Never got around to getting one of my own though I came close for several years afterward. Could a', should a', would a'. I haven't even handled one since that day. Those and the other Smith & Wesson automatics of the era were the high water mark of Smith & Wesson auto pistol goodness in my view.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I got the shorty mag today for the S&W 15-22 pistol. So it actually can have a mag in it while in the case. Wasn't that easy fo find the shorty version and wasn't a bargain for sure... So I just got the one for convenience since I already had 4 of the 25 rounders. Only place I could find these was optics planet. Seems everyone else either had the long 10 rounder and or were out of stock on these Shorty 10 rounders. The long 10 rounders are mostly just for looks in ban states. In this case I needed a short one for fit in the case plus is will make a good bench mag for sighting those BUIS in.

Here it is with a regular 25 rounder in it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought this Heritage Rough Rider 6” .22 LR & WMR today for $129, pretty much so the LGS would sell me a bunch of .22 ammo! Took it to my range and found out it’s pretty fun to shoot while waiting for a S&W 617 to show up on the horizon. LGS says they can’t even order specific firearms anymore, they get a ‘take it or leave it’ allotment. I’ve dusted off my .22’s so that I can still shoot daily, have ammo on hand, and not break the bank.
36056876-694F-4041-8DD4-C50593873F21.jpeg

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Rabbit212;

That Smith & Wesson Model 645 sure looks nice. Those were good guns. Smith & Wesson ought to still be making them.

I remember going to a gun shop in Cleburne, Texas when the first one of those Model 645s arrived in town. All of us gun nuts wanted to see it. Admiring the .45 ACP cartridge and Smith & Wesson I fully expected to soon acquire one. Never got around to getting one of my own though I came close for several years afterward. Could a', should a', would a'. I haven't even handled one since that day. Those and the other Smith & Wesson automatics of the era were the high water mark of Smith & Wesson auto pistol goodness in my view.
Got to take it out Friday for a quick 100 rounds between the 645 and the Glock 30 I picked up last week. Once I got my grip settled in the 645 was a tack driver and the g30 wasn't far behind. I already have offers from my gun buds but I'm thinking this one is sticking around for a while they are getting hard to find.

·
Administrator
143,948 Posts
I bought this Heritage Rough Rider 6” .22 LR & WMR today for $129, pretty much so the LGS would sell me a bunch of .22 ammo! Took it to my range and found out it’s pretty fun to shoot while waiting for a S&W 617 to show up on the horizon. LGS says they can’t even order specific firearms anymore, they get a ‘take it or leave it’ allotment. I’ve dusted off my .22’s so that I can still shoot daily, have ammo on hand, and not break the bank. View attachment 345696
Lose those grips! 🤣

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I bought this Heritage Rough Rider 6” .22 LR & WMR today for $129, pretty much so the LGS would sell me a bunch of .22 ammo! Took it to my range and found out it’s pretty fun to shoot while waiting for a S&W 617 to show up on the horizon. LGS says they can’t even order specific firearms anymore, they get a ‘take it or leave it’ allotment. I’ve dusted off my .22’s so that I can still shoot daily, have ammo on hand, and not break the bank. View attachment 345696
Those are fun. Had one sold it to pay a bill or something now I'm thinking I should pick up a replacement. The Academy Sports stores always have them in stock 🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Picked up some Pearce grip extensions for my glock 30 they don't actually extend the grip but they do fill in that gap nicely. Didnt like how far that little tail end extended but the Dremel took care of that. Stock. Pearce. Pearce trimmed.

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
Posted elsewhere, but I won this ol' Dan Wesson on GB over the weekend:

It's a Model 14-2, .357 Mag. I've narrowed the production date down to 1979 or '80. Should have it in hand sometime next week.😁

5501 - 5520 of 5527 Posts