Defensive Carry banner

5661 - 5680 of 5712 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
Ran into this slightly used firearm today at the LGS. And took a chance and I'm impressed with these. The G2c is a suprisingly nice shooter and dependable from my testing... even if it is a Taurus. They hit one out the park with this gun I think. A real budget but yet dependable carry gun. Came with three mags (normally just 2) and I got two more for 29.99 each, which in todays world is cheap. It shot flawlessly. Great little gun. I'll pass it along with confidence now to a friend or family who needs one now that Im sure of its dependability. Shot very well. Surprisingly nice gun to shoot. Good job Taurus. I'm barely over $300 with sales tax included and Im into a great little set up of 5 mags and a nice carry 9mm.

View attachment 347670

View attachment 347669

This review is a couple of years old but its pretty accurate except they are a bit more now. A colored version is about $300 now... and mags are like I said reasonable... [Review] Taurus G2C: $200 for a Reliable CCW? - Pew Pew Tactical

I recommend you try one.
Congrats on your new gun! Months ago I bought the G3C. I have been very surprised by it. Darn thing ran steel cased no problems at all. Zero jams, etc.

I think Taurus must have really improved.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Got my threaded barrel for the 10/22 back today. 500 pieces of 357 brass and two Volquartsen hammer kits along with a tube of Lucas gun grease.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
My son texted me to say he has a bag full of 9mm and 5.56 brass for me. He's trying hard to keep his inheritance!

·
Premium Member
6,324 Posts
Didn't exactly "get" anything new, but I was digging around in storage and found some unobtainium that I didn't even remember I had:

Maybe even better than getting new stuff- no out-of-pocket expense! ;)

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
View attachment 347435
Traded of my recently acquired g19 MOS for this Springfield stainless steel loaded. I liked the g19 but I'm low on small pistol primers and heavy with large pistol primers so another 45acp in the barn is a good thing. And come on its a 1911!!!! Those grips however....eh
Nice! Don't know how I missed this, sweet pistol!

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
Neither did the first buyer! LOL...

I had another friend fire it today and he seemed to also fall in love with it. Really fun little gun that no one really needs! hehehe.. I wish it was tapped for a rail but its not. does have the milled grooves like most 22's but I was thinking about putting a red dot on it. The stock irons are good though.

Fun little gun. I wasn't up on the history either. Found it interesting so figured you guys would too.

Does it get a recommend? Sure..why not? But.... then again... why?
I have a couple of snub nose .22s. You might well wonder what the hell that has to do with your post on a garden gun, but in my mind its all related, lol.

Anyway, one of them is a Taurus .22 Lr snub. So before I bought it, I checked reviews on it. And, found all kinds of YouTube videos on it. First video I watch, the guy is using the Taurus .22 snubbie to shoot bees! Carpenter bees.

He was shooting the .22 snake shot shells, and zapping carpenter bees right and left. I have decks, and of course those dayum carpenter bees, and fell in love with the idea of zapping them.

Then I see your post on a garden gun thats made to shoot snake shot...and connection made, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Got my target order from Rite in the Rain. I think I'm good for a few years now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ordered 2 boxes of 9mm from Defender ammo after getting an in stock text,I didn't have to have it but was restocking a couple boxes I shot in the past month. $27.50 per box not good, but better than the $49.94 per box the LGS s around here have been asking. The stock sold out in under 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Fde hellcat, 4 extra mags and a vedder holster (iwb and owb) so now me and the wifey are edc’ing the same rigs. I don’t know why but I thought it would be a good idea! I bought one about a year ago and loved it. Problem is, she likes it more so it became her edc. I bought a 365 XL right after that I’ve been carrying but can’t make myself like it as much as that hellcat. I just shoot it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Ordered 2 boxes of 9mm from Defender ammo after getting an in stock text,I didn't have to have it but was restocking a couple boxes I shot in the past month. $27.50 per box not good, but better than the $49.94 per box the LGS s around here have been asking. The stock sold out in under 15 minutes.
Got to do what you got to do. I have a price set in my head for specific calibers and types of ammo, and simply will not spend more than that.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
200 rounds of 45 ACP from freedommunitions.com. Took about 5 days to get here,1911 45 Gov. Model paddle holster from Alien Gear, took about 5 days to get here, 250 Starline Brass 30-06 cases, took about 4 months to get here.
Maybe one day my Springfield 1911 45 will be released from waiting period prison.

5661 - 5680 of 5712 Posts