Defensive Carry banner

5681 - 5700 of 5721 Posts

·
Registered
40,098 Posts
Two 20 round boxes of Hornady Critical Defense .44 special and one 50 round box of Winchester .357 magnum 158 grain JHP.
There goes the kids' inheritances.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Two 20 round boxes of Hornady Critical Defense .44 special and one 50 round box of Winchester .357 magnum 158 grain JHP.
You are fortunate to find .44 spl ammo!
I haven't seen any around these parts in several years.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I went into our local Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and low and behold the Ammo shelves were full... well... fuller than Ive seen in a while. They had about four different kinds of 9mm. Bulk and defensive rounds. 22LR, 22mag, 300 black out, .40 and some 38 and 357. Good amounts of each. Limit was 2 of any caliber but only 2 total. I was torn. I needed a bit of some other things but finally just settled for 2 - 50 round. boxes of Aquila 9mm fmj. It was a reasonable $15.99 a box. I went back this morning and it was all gone except for three 200 rounds bulk boxes of the 300 black out. However that was a bit over priced at $225 for 200 rounds so I passed on it. In the end all if it came and went. Pretty fast. I only scored the 2 boxes of 9mm but at a great price.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Ok so today I received a order from amazon. Its a rail adapter from Dovetail (the 22 rifle type) to Picatinny rail. Now... problem is.... why in the world did I order this?

I am getting old. I had some plan and some gun and scope in mind... some point a week or so ago... and I've forgotten! Or I just got confused or something? Ill be... darned.

It was cheap so It must have been destined for some little 22 I have but which one? And which scope?

Dang it.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Unfortunately no. UPS is froze up. :(

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I went into our local Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and low and behold the Ammo shelves were full... well... fuller than Ive seen in a while. They had about four different kinds of 9mm. Bulk and defensive rounds. 22LR, 22mag, 300 black out, .40 and some 38 and 357. Good amounts of each. Limit was 2 of any caliber but only 2 total. I was torn. I needed a bit of some other things but finally just settled for 2 - 50 round. boxes of Aquila 9mm fmj. It was a reasonable $15.99 a box. I went back this morning and it was all gone except for three 200 rounds bulk boxes of the 300 black out. However that was a bit over priced at $225 for 200 rounds so I passed on it. In the end all if it came and went. Pretty fast. I only scored the 2 boxes of 9mm but at a great price.

Did they have a limit on the 9mm? Our Sportmans had a 2 or 3 box limit per person a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not a Springfield or Colt, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. Functions and shoots great. I’m sure it will give me many hours of enjoyment. 😀
8C99C036-A7E1-475C-A0EC-7A5CC3323888.jpeg

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not a Springfield or Colt, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. Functions and shoots great. I’m sure it will give me many hours of enjoyment. View attachment 348529
Been wanting one of these for a few years. Someday... Someday.
Good find!

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Not a Springfield or Colt, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. Functions and shoots great. I’m sure it will give me many hours of enjoyment. 😀
Congratulations, J! K told me about your lucky find and I am thrilled for you. I trust we will be seeing it when next y'all come to visit, whenever that might turn out to be.

Reactions: GWarden

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
IMG_20210220_162952.jpg
My Springfield Mil-Spec 45 got released after serving 17 days of a 10 day waiting period. They must tack another week for bad behavior being a gun owner and all.
Also got more brushes, another box of ammo, a bottle of Hoppe's, all last friday.
The Sled and the Mantis X3 I actually got a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Didn't exactly "get" anything new, but I was digging around in storage and found some unobtainium that I didn't even remember I had:

View attachment 347907

View attachment 347908

Maybe even better than getting new stuff- no out-of-pocket expense! ;)
#4 Buck? That's just mean. And I mean that in a good way.
Back last summer I picked up a case of 250 12ga 1oz slugs. Mild load, only 1300 fps. Almost like shooting a .22.

·
Administrator
144,028 Posts
Not a Springfield or Colt, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. Functions and shoots great. I’m sure it will give me many hours of enjoyment. 😀 View attachment 348529
Looks nice. Time to go grip shopping though. Fancy it up a bit & try opting for some quality checkering.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Not a Springfield or Colt, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. Functions and shoots great. I’m sure it will give me many hours of enjoyment. 😀 View attachment 348529
My neighbor bought one of those a few months ago. He's new to shooting and this is his 1st gun ever. He's a damn good shot with it too! I shot it and liked it. IMO you can't beat it for the money.
I agree with @QKShooter , those grips have to go! Try these guys, Altamont Company - Pistol Grips, Rifle Stocks, Knife Handles

5681 - 5700 of 5721 Posts