Defensive Carry banner

5861 - 5880 of 5919 Posts

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
Finally picked up an uncut M1942 bayonet (AFH) to pair with my early war M1 Garand. Unfortunately the scabbard is a reproduction. That might be harder to find than the bayo. View attachment 353049
Just drag that scabbard around the block behind your truck to give it that well-used look.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
LGS picked up a few M1 Carbines including an Inland, a Saginaw, an Underwood and, a Quality Hardware. 3 others also but, don’t recall the makers. He also picked up an Ithaca Riot Gun from the same seller complete with heat shield and bayonet lug. He already sold it but, I saw it in the back on layaway. He’s expecting 12 gauge Trench Sweeper to come in any day, now.
He also had a “new” Inland carbine complete with the box. I’ve read good things about those.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts

Picked this Tier 1 AIWB holster from a local guy who just couldn't get it to work for him. $60 heck the Ulti Clips are worth half that so figured its worth a try. Been wearing it around the house and its Really Really comfortable.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I picked up one of the Hellcats today. Not sure exactly why I would need one as I have a few things that fit its role already. But I saw one today in Flat Dark Earth and it just seemed to speak to me. You don't see many of these in FDE. I'd say its more then 10 to 1 black to FDE. Possibly well more. I sure haven't seen one before.

Its pretty darn close to a Sig Sauer P365 in many ways. And in fact is same price as one. My 365 is not tan or dark earth and my 365 is the XL with the Red Dot optic already on it so I guess I can argue this one is different enough. But the two guns are very close to filling the same void. For a tiny bit cheaper the S&W shield probably fits a similar role however a tad larger? I have one of those Shields in .380 but I also like that new 9mm Shield as well. The Hellcat only offers one more round per mag than the SIG. And the Hellcat and Sig are pretty much the exact same price.

....Anyway I liked it and have been hearing good things about them. Being a Coatian sourced Springfield I guess it adds to the intentional flair of my collection. I like the feel. I like the size. I hope I like the way it shoots which I'll find out tomorrow. Ill give a report on that soon enough.

Here she is... the Springfield Hellcat in FDE. Comes with soft case, two mags (one 13 and one 11 rounder so one round more each than the P365), a speed loader and a flat base plate for the smaller mag is included. $599.00

IMG_0349.jpeg

·
Registered
861 Posts
Got some Boretech Rimfire blend bore cleaner today. And I'm waiting on a bag rider and some CCI ammo I found online for my Ruger Precision Rimfire. I've been practicing alot with my RPRF lately as it's a way to spend time at 5he range without going broke.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
Got a KKM barrel for my glock 30.

Reactions: airslot

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
Went to the local gun shop today. I was looking for a good pistol for my Wife. TN just passed no permit needed carry, so she needs a pistol of her own.

I was planning on getting another G43X. She likes mine, btw. But, the store didnt have any, but did have a G48, which I wasnt at all familiar with. It’s single stack, takes the same mags as the G43X, and is identical, but that its about 1” longer. Most of my holsters fits the G48.

What sold me on it was that extra 1”. The sights on it were crystal clear for me. On the 43X, (I think because of the sight radius), was not as clear. That extra inch did the trick for me. So, I picked it up, and 500 rounds of CCI Speer 9mm @ 30 cents a round.

And lastly, I got a T Shirt. By Spikes Tactical. Nice Spikes logo on the chest, American flag on the sleeve...and on the back, I large American Red Cross looking logo, with the words “WATERBOARDING INSTRUCTOR” on it.

It was too funny to pass up.

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
Ah... the G48. Really like that gun. Heres mine...

View attachment 353353
The Wife and I plan a range trip for the Glocks tomorrow. I get to try newly installed XS Big Dot night sights on a G19, and the 43X. I’m pretty sure the 43X will end up being my Wife’s. She already loves the big dot sights. Ie the concept of simply ”putting the lollipop on the stick” and firing away.

I really have high hopes for that model G48. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love it. Yours is a beaut, btw.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Four more boxes of Magtech 44 mag. Price went up $5.00 per 50 rnds but no longer limited to one box/person. Buy as many as you want. $50 for a box of 50 + 10% tax.
Got 500 new 44 mag cases, 500 new 44 special cases 10 lbs of powder, 2,000 44 bullets but am stuck having to buy factory cartridges because I cant get primers.

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
I came across this & wasn't going to pass it up:

Minty 1979 vintage Dan Wesson Pistol Pac that I'm headed out to shoot this morning. I've been holding out for a nice 357 & I believe I found it.
Man! That's beautiful! It's probably the most accurate handgun you'll ever own, too.

If you've never had a DW before, you might find you just let yourself in for a serious lifetime addiction! Ask me how I know! :sneaky:

5861 - 5880 of 5919 Posts