Defensive Carry banner

5941 - 5960 of 5996 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
^^^^^ Envious! ^^^^^^

How long was your wait?
It took six weeks for the suppressor to get here. Now it will be about seven months before I can take it home. Better than the previous two that took ten months.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I ran across this new Security 9 Ruger today. I think they are a real bargain for their category. 15 rounds, 2 mags in the box, all for $429. Shoots pretty good as well. Good triggers. In my favorite color too.

I also ran across a nice AR in 300 black out that had been sold to the LGS. I have it on hold as it had not yet been entered into the bound book. Ill go back and snag it tomorrow. Good price I think for what it is and its in a caliber I have plenty of ammo in to boot.

Pictures to come. But its a neat one.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
This sounds totally crazy as something that is shooting related but in my case it is VERY RELATED:

My new "rollator" walker with extra large wheels and a nice seat arrived on Tuesday. It is a bit heavy and it folds from the middle instead of the arms folding inward like the lighter weight ones with the smaller wheels do. I'm not sure I can get it in and out of the car myself, but my two shooting buddies take good care of me and they'll do it for me! I absolutely cannot walk down and back up the gravel path/road from the parking lot even to the uppermost pistol bay. I tried a cane and also my walking sticks. Then one of my buddies brought a walker with wheels and THAT was the best helper. So I ordered this one so I CAN STILL SHOOT!

The new rule at the club is absolutely no cars allowed driving from the parking lot to the pistol ranges: Not even if you have a handicap sticker on your car and literally cannot walk to those bays!

In case anyone is looking for an inexpensive and very sturdy walker, here is the one I decided on after literally hours of research:

I sincerely hope that my legs won't continue to get so much worse that I will need that walker for everyday use, but it is there if needed.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts

Got this roller handle for my Lee APP from the Reloaders Network and replaced the Lee's somewhat uncomfortable handle. Its supposed to bolt on and stick out sideways but I reconfigured the handle levers and installed it in between both levers. Very smooth operation and plenty of leverage.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Got a new safe.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Picked up this oddball but truly nice firearm. Paid $550 for it. 300 Blackout. Its actually a super nice build. Not sure the Grim Reaper stuff or Halloween 15 thing is my taste but it is kinda interesting. Different to say the least. I have another 300 black out in a pistol so had plenty of ammo for this. Shoots good. Its all Palmetto Arms based stuff but its not bottom end at all. I had the BUIS sights already so stuck those on and they were almost right on from the get go. Hitting the gong and 75 yards with no adjustment.

This halloween and grim reaper edition was a limited run.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Picked up this oddball but truly nice firearm. Paid $550 for it. 300 Blackout. Its actually a super nice build. Not sure the Grim Reaper stuff or Halloween 15 thing is my taste but it is kinda interesting. Different to say the least. I have another 300 black out in a pistol so had plenty of ammo for this. Shoots good. Its all Palmetto Arms based stuff but its not bottom end at all. I had the BUIS sights already so stuck those on and they were almost right on from the get go. Hitting the gong and 75 yards with no adjustment.

View attachment 355989

This halloween and grim reaper edition was a limited run.

View attachment 355991
Love it but what's oddball about it?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That decorative engraving on the receiver is somewhat odd to me. Both a Grim Reaper and the words "Halloween - 15" included and then described by Palmetto Arms as the Reaper edition. Which halloween and grim reaper kind of can go together but not necessarily. Plus then under the Halloween - 15 is the words "Multi Reaper" and then a serial number ( I think limited set)... which goes along with it and then they labeled the Fire control positions in an odd set of ways, "Reap" for fire, "Fear" for safe and then a labeled position of "Death" over where a full or burst auto would be if there was such a thing. All in fun sort of thing but some of the position labels aren't as clever as they could be and somewhat confusing if you didn't know your position on a AR. Its somewhat odd to me what they chose. Odd in a sort of cool way but could make more sense I think.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
You'll need a bigger one.
This is the bigger one. And I already had a hard time fitting everything how I wanted. 😳

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
Smith & Wesson 34-1. 22lr 4" barrel. Going to need some serious TLC. I'll get some pics before and after for a separate thread.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Ran across a Sig Sauer P365 in the standard size and in the "Tac Pac" set. This is a set that comes with 3 - 12 round mags and a holster that converts from in or out belt side. Also standard are Tritium night sights. Nice plastic case that all Sigs come with.

Their computers were on the Fritz so I couldn't pay for it so it sits in the back room with my name on it. Pick it up next Tuesday. $550 and its as new.

Pictures to follow.

5941 - 5960 of 5996 Posts