Defensive Carry banner

5961 - 5980 of 5997 Posts

·
Registered
42,903 Posts
Wow... old vet....one of those looks like it dropped in WWII!
I'll have to cull a few out. The son needs to be a little more picky with his brass scrounging.

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
I like that garment bag! I'm going to have to invest in one of these.
It appears to be very well constructed and 100% US made.

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
View attachment 355924 View attachment 355925 View attachment 355926
Got this roller handle for my Lee APP from the Reloaders Network and replaced the Lee's somewhat uncomfortable handle. Its supposed to bolt on and stick out sideways but I reconfigured the handle levers and installed it in between both levers. Very smooth operation and plenty of leverage.
Love my two APPs! Have one set up in the barn and one on a Inline Fabrication Quick Change Top for the study/gun room. Makes depriming a breeze.

I got another IF QC Jr Mount in on Sunday and a QC top for my RCBS bench mounted primer unit.
Also got my BH Convertible back together after giving it a good cleaning and having the grip frame sent out to Chig’s Grips for my wood panels to be fitted for me. Love the way they turned out, a tad wider to fit my hand better.
D15CF81C-5FA3-479C-B827-1169125B4C45.jpeg

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Love my two APPs! Have one set up in the barn and one on a Inline Fabrication Quick Change Top for the study/gun room. Makes depriming a breeze.

I got another IF QC Jr Mount in on Sunday and a QC top for my RCBS bench mounted primer unit.
Also got my BH Convertible back together after giving it a good cleaning and having the grip frame sent out to Chig’s Grips for my wood panels to be fitted for me. Love the way they turned out, a tad wider to fit my hand better.
View attachment 356334
Have you seen Lee's new Automatic Case Priming press the ACP?? Basically an APP but for priming I'm tempted to buy one if I find one in stock.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Have you seen Lee's new Automatic Case Priming press the ACP?? Basically an APP but for priming I'm tempted to buy one if I find one in stock. View attachment 356348
No, like you I can’t find it in stock either. But then I don’t like priming on press. I usually use a RCBS bench mounted priming unit and prime that way. I do reloading in smaller batches then I use to, about 100-200 rounds at a time now.

Back when I shot some local and regional matches and department vs department matches, I just bought me ammo cause it was so cheap. The good old days! Don’t think I would need the ACP at this time. Maybe in the next couple of years when components stabilize in stock and price, I will see when the shoulders get replaced and I’m healed up.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Cash registers were back up and working today so picked this one up that I had them hold for me last Friday...

SIG Sauer P365 "TacPac"

Slightly used although you cannot tell it. I doubt its been carried or shot at all if so not much...

Somebody traded in this CZ 12 guage while I was there. I put my name on it too. $300. These sell for just under or even to around $400 new when you can find them. This one had nice wood and as I said it was mint with original box and papers. Probably very new. Young guy traded it in.

That Spikes tactical AR laying there next to it is nice too but I passed on it. Im out of the 5.56 stuff. You can see the price tag on it. Its a good price for those. They expensive. Probably worth it.

The Spikes...Should I go back and get it if its still there?

·
Registered
906 Posts
in Lubbock TX this week for a conference....
hit cabelas........a huge disappointment.
Academy Sports.....they had a few guns and the mainstream calibers.....even had some 380.

went to a gun shop .....BINGO
i acquired some Federal 32 H&R mag HP and Some Hornady 32 H&R mag......and for the heck of it i also picked up 50 rds of 32 s&w Long.....looks like most of it was still priced pre panic/covid.

they also had a few Benelli nova and super nova riot guns.......i was sorely tempted....they were sure purty nice.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
DON'T Laugh !!
Picked this up from the Store this past Tuesday...........Taurus Spectrum 380 ACP 7 shot
Darn thing only cost me 75.00 Out the Door. .......How could you NOT refuse it? Well at least not me....The GREED overcame the NEED.. 🤣 🤣 🤣 😜

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Wild looking thing there for sure! Sure its not a laser gun? LOL.

Ok so I missed on the Spikes tactical AR. Should have had it held while I did my research. Doubled back on the Colt AR that I did have them hold for me. Was nothing special. Entry level Colt. I though it was a bit too expensive since I had passed on of of these NIB just a few weeks ago for this same price. Well... this one did have a bag and 2 mags but... I still wasn't keen on it. I want one but I want something a little past base. I want something a little more special than this one turned out to be. And if Im going to pay new price why not find the right one... anyway... as fortune would have it...

I ran into this little find and I bought it. It is a Browning BPS that works out to be a 1986 "Hunter" 12 gauge which has some beautiful wood. I got it, with all three chokes, original owners manual and in a decent soft case for $500. This one has the older nice quality walnut stock and it is mint and I mean MINT. Not a scratch. Needs cleaning up on the wood polish but dam its nice.

If I hadn't gone in to chase the elusive Colt this one would have slipped by me.

IMG_0803.jpeg

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
So on some research... this is not a "Hunter" at least I don't think now... as it is labeled a "Field" on the barrel. I do not find a Field model that is Gloss finish metal with Gloss walnut. Its not supposed to be what it is. The Hunter does have Gloss finish which is why I originally thought it was one. This is clearly NOT matte and both of these guns are discontinued models now.

But it appears... they made such a Field model in Gloss/Gloss as this is one. I'll ask Browning to shed some light on this as it appears they made some, at least in 1986, of these Field Models in Gloss/Gloss.

This is one time the label on the box might come in handy. A good reason to always save the boxes. They make the whole gun more valuable to me to have the original box or at least that end cap label off of the box. Ill let you know what I find out.

This picture clearly shows its gloss metal and gloss wood (or at very least glossy semi gloss). Not Matte at all which a field is supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
In conclusion, not too exciting or helpful response from Browning below...

Hello,

Thank you for the email. This is coming up as a BPS Hunting 28" barrel with invector chokes, vent rib, and 3" chamber manufactured in 1986. Due to the age of this gun, we aren't able to provide additional information as the information has been archived. If you are interested in a Historical Letter - $39.99, please contact our customer service department at 800-333-3288 and we can put a request in for that historical info.

Sincerely,

Browning Customer Service

So.... nothing at all to explain the finish unless I want to spend 40 bucks...

5961 - 5980 of 5997 Posts