Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nothing like virgin brass.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
IMG_0388.JPG

Todays Bounty. Hogue G10 Aluminum Checkered Gloss Black for my Sig P6. As I mentioned earlier, it arrived at Sig today for their Special Service package including new Siglites, their Action Enhancement package, and having the slide re-blued. Once it's back from them, I may have the frame and controls done in Cerakote.

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
View attachment 112400

Todays Bounty. Hogue G10 Aluminum Checkered Gloss Black for my Sig P6. As I mentioned earlier, it arrived at Sig today for their Special Service package including new Siglites, their Action Enhancement package, and having the slide re-blued. Once it's back from them, I may have the frame and controls done in Cerakote.
I love a picture on the box it came in.
Can't get fresher than that.

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Gramps had some major problems with 500 reloads he made last week (YOU THINK SQUIB LOADS???). After much problem solving and talking to one of the other guys we shoot with he found it was the powder! It seems that the Unique he used does not feed through his particular powder dispenser reliably. WELL, DUH........

So Granny here took pity on the poor ole' fella and ordered him 1,000 rounds of factory fresh .40 cal. The box arrived today!

And now Gramps has to thoroughly clean out that dispenser so he can start loading more .38 specials for me.

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
262 Posts
Started reloading myself, that powder dispenser can be tricky business!

Gramps had some major problems with 500 reloads he made last week (YOU THINK SQUIB LOADS???). After much problem solving and talking to one of the other guys we shoot with he found it was the powder! It seems that the Unique he used does not feed through his particular powder dispenser reliably. WELL, DUH........

So Granny here took pity on the poor ole' fella and ordered him 1,000 rounds of factory fresh .40 cal. The box arrived today!

And now Gramps has to thoroughly clean out that dispenser so he can start loading more .38 specials for me.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
didn't receive anything physically, but I did get in an argument with a guy on a Facebook classified ad trying to sell a used Taurus Millennium Pro (gen 1) w/ some ammo and holster for $475. he refused to believe you could pick up a gen 2 for $200 new online and when presented with the evidence he claimed his was the new generation 3 millennium. oh and he has been a "gun guy" for a long time so he knows what he is talking about. like I told him, "one can lead, but can't make a jackass drink."

that's the only excitement I've had lately.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not yet, but I'm visiting my dad and doing the LGS circuit with him today in his neck of the woods. I may not buy anything but, as he ages, I savor these moments as often as I can. Yesterday we went through his safe and talked guns and hunting all day....great times.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I really need to make a run for some 22 magnum, but I think I'm going to hold off until tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I won a leather pocket holster for my Ket Tec . Its type that looks like a wallet in pocket Still not sure about it . My other pocket holsters seem faster to draw from . Have to push that shield out way to get grip . Ive never had a problem with printing in front pocket. Will not carry any gun in rear pocket

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I hit a couple shops today because I needed some 22 mag ammo. I didn't realize 22 magnum was on the endangered species, too.
I ended up with some Hornady V-Max, which should substitute for my usual CCI hollow points just as well. Both are 30 gr. And truth be told, I hardly shoot 22 magnum anymore anyway.
I also ran into some Critical Defense for 22 mag, so bought a box. Might as well give that Pug al the help it can get, lol.

And I also ran into a S&W that fit my hand so well... good price, too, but I want to do a little research before I decide I need it, which I really don't.
Now if only I could remember the model number...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Picked up some .38 special 158 gr LSWC. That's about it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I found a pawn shop kind of close to my house that will do transfers for a reasonable fee. Does that count? All the LGS options around here are very proud of their inventory

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
I got a new HK P30SK for my birthday today with a Crossbreed holster for it and 250 rounds of Federal 124 gr. JHP HST ammo. Also got an Apple watch. I am having more fun with the watch. :)

41 - 60 of 4992 Posts