Defensive Carry banner

5981 - 5997 of 5997 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Well I did a quick range trip to function check the Daniel Defense AR and I can see why they cost So much. Smooth and even though 556 has very little recoil this soaks it up to something like 38spc out of a lever action. Made a real nice pile of ejected brass.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Ran into this today... $500 out the door. It's the Sig Sauer P938 NItron, or perhaps really it is the Nightmare, with fiber optic and tritium... a small plastic holster and 2 mags. Part of a large collection thats being liquidated. Mint. Like new in case.

In addition to that I put on hold two rifles.

One is a Golden State custom built 30-06 in a nice Walnut thumbhole stock that is topped with a old Redfield. 4-16 X 40 scope. Old like in an American made Redfield scope. Trying to get more info on this maker and rifle. Im being told this Golden State went out of business in the 80's.

And there was a 70's vintage Marlin 336C that has promise. Its in 30-30. Aged nicely in great shape. Hard to come by these anymore.

Ill follow up on those tomorrow.

Added on edit.. I got this just now about the 30-06 Golden State:

Unfortunately, we are not the company that manufactured your firearm. They went out of business in the 1980's, we only opened up in 2016.

They were purchased by a company called "Martin B Retting" in Culver City, CA that is still in business. If anyone would have any info on your firearm, it is them.

Abe

I'll follow up on this... I've talked again with Abe and he thinks it could be the old Golden State company but we are still discussing it. Im waiting on the Martin B Retting company to respond.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I decided to pass on the Golden State. I cannot really be sure what mil surp rifle was used to make it. Its kind of a cool historical thing though.

I did buy the Marlin. Hard to find a good old marlin anymore. This one is a 1974 and thats the year I graduated high school. Matches my 336 in .35 Remington caliber gun very well as that one is a 1975.

I am working on it now trying to get a scope back on it. Need some taller rings for a typical scope. Thinking a budget build here. Had good luck with one of the new Burris scope on the J P Sauer 6.5 Creedmore build so I picked up one of those today to pair it up with. Need taller rings for that to work.

Looks nice without a scope too... its a classic old Marlin.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Went to my favorite pawn shop today. They're starting to fill up again. This EAA Windicator snubby .357 was pawned, and the clock ran out on it, so they put it in the cabinet. It's nearly new (very faint cartridge head imprint on the receiver). it followed me home. Single action trigger pull is light and crisp. Double action is heavy but smooth and predictable. Range report to follow.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
This was a nice package. Puts me back into A 5.56 though. I said I wasn't gonna stray from my 300 black out but... I fell victim to the urge. This is Springfields AR offering, the Saint. USA made in Illinois.

They put together this package recently it seems. Not all stores have it. It put me beyond temptation and I bit the bullet (no pun intended).

Package comes with the Saint Rifle itself with has a unique nice pistol grip to it and the entire finish is very nice. It comes with a Vortex red dot thats really pretty darn nicely made and appointed. Uses regular AA but claims a real long life to it. Also included is a set of flip up BUIS sights that co-witness with the red dot. They are really darn nice too. Above average. They include a nice soft case and then throw in a Kershaw knife thats USA made as well. Nice big one that about 8" or so unfolded and spring assisted which has the Springfield logo on it. And one Magpull magazine. All this for $1299.00. Id say the package of the optics and, bag and knife are worth $400? At least Id guess that. They a bit nicer than base stuff.

Ive only seen this package at one local Gun store so I do not know if all of them can get it. It is reportedly a promo package from Springfield themselves. Nice package and good value. Seems a good quality firearm to me. I'll let you know if its not of course! LOL...

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Couldn't you get a 300BLK for the Saint?
Nice rifle btw. I like Springfield's take on the AR.
Id imagine you can. I didn't really look. I was satisfied with my 300 Blackout examples of this stoner take off design. Wasn't looking to duplicate those. Have a rifle and a pistol in that caliber. I do have some left over 5.56 though (not much but some) and whats been happening with Ammo kind of got me thinking about another 5.56. I'm seeing a lot of 5.56 Ammo on the the shelves but when I do see 300 black out its gone through the roof price wise. Luckly I have a 1000 rounds already. But even so its not that commonly on the shelf anymore, but 5.56 is... although also a bit pricey.

Its an ammo driven decision right now. Same reason I've concentrated on 9mm with pistols and even a rifle in that pistol caliber, the ammo availability.... besides... who doesn't need another excuse to buy a rifle! LOL!

You do bring up a valid question though. Does Springfield make this in 300 black out? I dunno. The factory that makes these is in the USA though. So thats a big plus I think.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Went to my favorite pawn shop today. They're starting to fill up again. This EAA Windicator snubby .357 was pawned, and the clock ran out on it, so they put it in the cabinet. It's nearly new (very faint cartridge head imprint on the receiver). it followed me home. Single action trigger pull is light and crisp. Double action is heavy but smooth and predictable. Range report to follow.

View attachment 356995
Nice!

IMHO, the Windicator is a well-kept secret. A very good value in a budget-priced gun. I picked one up several years ago on impulse, as a knockaround gun.

I've been very happy with it.

Reactions: Henry9008

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
This was a nice package. Puts me back into A 5.56 though. I said I wasn't gonna stray from my 300 black out but... I fell victim to the urge. This is Springfields AR offering, the Saint. USA made in Illinois.

They put together this package recently it seems. Not all stores have it. It put me beyond temptation and I bit the bullet (no pun intended).

Package comes with the Saint Rifle itself with has a unique nice pistol grip to it and the entire finish is very nice. It comes with a Vortex red dot thats really pretty darn nicely made and appointed. Uses regular AA but claims a real long life to it. Also included is a set of flip up BUIS sights that co-witness with the red dot. They are really darn nice too. Above average. They include a nice soft case and then throw in a Kershaw knife thats USA made as well. Nice big one that about 8" or so unfolded and spring assisted which has the Springfield logo on it. And one Magpull magazine. All this for $1299.00. Id say the package of the optics and, bag and knife are worth $400? At least Id guess that. They a bit nicer than base stuff.

Ive only seen this package at one local Gun store so I do not know if all of them can get it. It is reportedly a promo package from Springfield themselves. Nice package and good value. Seems a good quality firearm to me. I'll let you know if its not of course! LOL...

View attachment 357019 's and has

View attachment 357016 View attachment 357017 View attachment 357018

Looks like the Saint Victor. Midlength gas system with a pinned low profile gas block, decent M-Lok handguard and nickel-boron coated trigger. The BUIS look like UTG....not sure if UTG makes them for S/A or if UTG copies whoever makes these for Springfield. Pretty nice rifles. I do not think the Saint Victor is available in 300 B/O but can be had in 308 Winchester.

5981 - 5997 of 5997 Posts