Defensive Carry banner
6021 - 6040 of 6091 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts

Another Prime Day find - G10 grip panels that were about 50% off regular prices and they're for a 92S (which are hard to come by). They came with both non-slotted screws and gaskets and were not expensive at all on the sale. :)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I've been meaning to replace the original grip panels on my Colt 1991-A1 Compact for a few months. They were showing their age. After getting a S&W 686 that had a set of Altamont grips on it, I decided to take a look at their website. Yesterday these arrived in the mail. Almost went with rosewood like on the 686, but I'm glad that I went with walnut instead.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Went to take a second look at an Ed Brown Special Forces that has been in a local shop for several weeks & next to it was an Executive Carry. After a close side by side comparison the Executive came home with me, Build sheet shows a 2009 ship date & it hasn't been shot or carried much. Hope to shoot it today & maybe look around for a holster worthy of a fine pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
A Nighthawk Thunder Ranch Special in God's Caliber has just been added to the stable.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Well, I kinda got it well over a year and a half ago but I found a unopened box buried in my closet. I picked it up and knew it was full of cartridges but damned if I could remember what kind.
It was 400 rnds of 40 S&W 155 grn SCHP's. Then I remembered I'd bought several thousand rnds of these. I looked at the invoice and including $17.65 for shipping plus 10% tax the bill was $117.65. That's around 29¢ a round delivered. Yahoo!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I got two magazines I bought off of eBay for my Remington "model four" that I got a few weeks back. One marked correctly as 30-06 and the other marked 280 but that works fine in the 30-06 I believe. Same mag really. But they both are originals.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Ordered a new USPSA holster, an 8# jug of CFE Pistol and 5000 primers today.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Where did you find powder and primers?

Reactions: demanic

·
Super Moderator
19,034 Posts

Have had this new book since May 24th after getting it off Ebay, but am reading several books simultaneously. Only began reading a dab of it yesterday, taking in the contents of dust jacket, author's notes, and prologue. I'm not even finished with the first chapter, but have learned more of JMB's personal history and childhood from family quotes and his own words than I ever knew before.

Thumbing ahead finds that, along with biographical narrative, many of Browning's famous firearms designs are discussed, touching on historical usage. I do find the author's discussion of some technical aspects of metallic cartridge arms to be a bit painful. He is described as a competition pistol shooter, but writes as someone who doesn't intimately know his subject, but who has diligently researched in an effort to be accurate.

The book shows a publication date of 2021 so apparently is hot off the press. Overall this ought to be informative read and a good reference for a firearms library.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven't bought ammo in a few months and of course gave up on GB for the most part. I'm in no hurry but also there is no such thing as too much when it comes to ammo so I followed a members lead to fin & feather and picked up a little (300 rounds) of Federal .45 acp a week ago for $194. delivered. math equals 0.65 per round.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,331 Posts
Stopped by the LGS yesterday. They got an estate collection the day before. It included a pickup load of firearms, a pickup load of new manufacture handgun ammo from .22 LR to .44 magnum and rifle ammo from .226 to .308 rifle. There was a huge load of reloading equipment and components. There was a huge load of cleaning supplies.

The owner was showing me everything stacked high in the back room. I spotted a 6" long slide Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911 in 10mm. It is coming home with me as soon as they can get everything inventoried and booked.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Stopped by the LGS yesterday. They got an estate collection the day before. It included a pickup load of firearms, a pickup load of new manufacture handgun ammo from .22 LR to .44 magnum and rifle ammo from .226 to .308 rifle. There was a huge load of reloading equipment and components. There was a huge load of cleaning supplies.

The owner was showing me everything stacked high in the back room. I spotted a 6" long slide Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911 in 10mm. It is coming home with me as soon as they can get everything inventoried and booked.
I'd be getting all the primers, powder and bullets that they had.

6021 - 6040 of 6091 Posts