Defensive Carry banner
6041 - 6060 of 6091 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Anyone had this new Ruger LCP Max in their hands yet? My LGS got like 10 in just today. I happened to go in there this morning and they were oogling over it. And soon, so was I. Very interesting. Large capacity for this size gun. 10 plus 1 round. Fits nicely in your hand. Trigger a bit long and probably near 10 pounds to release. I might be a bit exaggerating there. Striker fired so thats sort of descriptive on that kind of system anyway. Wasn't unpleasant but wasn't anything to write home about. It is kind of the draw back of that safety and trigger system. Fits the hand really nice. Small and truly a pocket pistol. Not many 10 round firearms out there that do that. I was told they had a 12 round mag coming right behind it that really wasn't much longer than this one with its pinky extension. that extension comes in the box but it doesn't really make the mag long enough to me. But its at least workable for a pocketable gun. It comes with a soft pocket holster, one mag extension, a loader but only one mag. Which is a downside since extra mags don't seem to be available yet.

Overall I like it. I bought one. $400 so a good little buy I think. Hope mags are soon to be found. I think a decent pocket gun.

·
Premium Member
6,517 Posts
Can't go wrong snagging a couple hundred rounds of . 45 ACP range ammo!

·
Registered
43,674 Posts
I hit Hyatt's gun store while in NC. Managed to snag a pound of CFE223 and 200 Fed SRPs--their limit. Didn't care for the price of either, but needed both.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Picked up a 6" Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911 10mm today.

File picture.
View attachment 359101
Very nice! Run some full power ammo and you've got a carbine load in a pistol.
I hit Hyatt's gun store while in NC. Managed to snag a pound of CFE223 and 200 Fed SRPs--their limit. Didn't care for the price of either, but needed both.
You've found primers! That's like sticking a pin in Moby Dick!

·
Premium Member
6,517 Posts
Posted elsewhere, but on Saturday I took delivery of a "Holy Grail" gun (for me).

Several years ago I stumbled across a "Colt Government Model Double Action", was intrigued by it, and ended up buying it. After a little research, I learned just how rare the pistol was (only about 300 made), and that it had an even rarer little brother - the New Agent Double Action. Only 100 of the New Agent variant were made, and I've really coveted one, but never figured I get one. That changed on Saturday!

Regardless of its rarity, it'll be a shooter, not a Safe Queen!

·
Registered
43,674 Posts
I "rediscovered" a brick of Win SRPs I didn't realize I had--buried under my wife's pile of junk in the closet. Makes me wonder what else I own and don't know about.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Picked up a Kel Tec Sub 2000. My wife likes shooting my Ruger carbine but it’s too heavy for her so I needed something lighter. It’s actually a fun little gun.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Picked up a Kel Tec Sub 2000. My wife likes shooting my Ruger carbine but it’s too heavy for her so I needed something lighter. It’s actually a fun little gun.
i was seriously interested in one of those.........one school district here actually purchased several of them to be placed in schools for access by teachers that have training.

but.....i was warned by a couple of folks that the model is not left-hand friendly with its ejection and blow-back,

·
Registered
335 Posts
i was seriously interested in one of those.........one school district here actually purchased several of them to be placed in schools for access by teachers that have training.

but.....i was warned by a couple of folks that the model is not left-hand friendly with its ejection and blow-back,
Funny that you should mention that.. I'm a Lefty and you are correct, they are not Lefty Friendly... However a quick trip over to MCARBO's website and twelve bucks later.. (Well more than that, I got some other things). I bought their shell deflector. It fixes that problem for us lefties...

I also got their two finger charging handle... The OEM one is tough to pull back. I'm also looking into getting the red dot sight mount. It swings away when folding but snaps right on top of the rail when ready. I found one a bit cheaper though on Optics Planet as MCARBO's wanted way more than I was willing to spend.

·
Premium Member
6,517 Posts
I got a SUB2000 a couple years ago. Sights/optics were problematic due to the geometry of the gun, but I found a good solution with a laser. Here's a cut-'n'-paste from an earlier post showing the setup:

Early last year, I got a Kel-Tec SUB2000, and it's a super fun little carbine, but getting a good sight picture with it is tough. So is mounting any kind of optic without interfering with the folding design of the gun. I'd been thinking a low-profile laser was probably the way to go. This morning I found an Osprey Global laser that seems to be just the ticket:

SUB2000 Laser.jpg SUB2000 Folded.jpg

Mounted at the front of the lower rail, it's barely noticeable, and doesn't get in the way at all. I think it's going to be fun!

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I found this pair today and made a deal for them. They seemed to need a home. these are the basic firearms that Ruger put out that are nothing but plain and simple. Work good too. These two sure are clean and fit the hand nicely. I'd say a good choice for a value firearm. 9mm... decent capacity, good mag availability too which is rare. Solid little things. Nothing fancy. I paid $450 for the pair. One had its original, and like new, box and papers. The second one had a extended 9 round mag as an extra to somewhat help make up for the lack of a box. The box looks new. They both are, I think, from the same owner who traded them in or sold them to the gun store. The serial numbers are not near to each other so nothing special there, or not a pair which would have been too cool. I'd say they were not carried or shot hardly at all. There is no wear or scuffs or anything. I shot a full mag of ball ammo out of each and they perform flawlessly. The triggers are predictable and nice. They also have a real slide safety. Pretty neat budget firearm from Ruger.

I don't know what I plan on for their future but I thought they needed a good home and I'm a sucker for Flat Dark Earth anyway.

IMG_1448.jpeg

·
Registered
89 Posts

Get a JRC and swap it to leftie...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts

Got this RCBS bench mounted primer in my recent box of stuff purchase and its Awesome. Been using the Lee Bench Primer and it works great but this so much better. Better quality better feel and it will probably outlive me. They are expensive and honestly I wouldn't have spent the money on it if I was purchasing it by itself.

·
Registered
43,674 Posts
I have not had dedicated reloading space since I moved to FL. I used a Lee hand primer and switched to an RCBS hand primer when the Lee gave up the ghost. If I had a reloading bench, I probably would invest in that RCBS bench-mount tool. I've found most Lee products to be serviceable, but RCBS and the like can and do outperform them.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I found this pair today and made a deal for them. They seemed to need a home. these are the basic firearms that Ruger put out that are nothing but plain and simple. Work good too. These two sure are clean and fit the hand nicely. I'd say a good choice for a value firearm. 9mm... decent capacity, good mag availability too which is rare. Solid little things. Nothing fancy. I paid $450 for the pair. One had its original, and like new, box and papers. The second one had a extended 9 round mag as an extra to somewhat help make up for the lack of a box. The box looks new. They both are, I think, from the same owner who traded them in or sold them to the gun store. The serial numbers are not near to each other so nothing special there, or not a pair which would have been too cool. I'd say they were not carried or shot hardly at all. There is no wear or scuffs or anything. I shot a full mag of ball ammo out of each and they perform flawlessly. The triggers are predictable and nice. They also have a real slide safety. Pretty neat budget firearm from Ruger.

I don't know what I plan on for their future but I thought they needed a good home and I'm a sucker for Flat Dark Earth anyway.

View attachment 359779

View attachment 359780
I have a set too. Only mine is 1 EC9s and 1 LC9s Pro.

You can carry a set with this :p

81-IRUhU9FL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6041 - 6060 of 6091 Posts