1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Don Hume amkes good quality holsters for a reasonable price... I don't have any of their pocket holsters... I prefer pocket holsters like the Desantis nemesis, Uncle Mike's or from Blackhawk, that are man made materials that sticks in the pocket...

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 on the Desantis Nemesis, I have been carrying my new LCP in the Nemesis for a few weeks and it has been great! The "sticky" rubber intermixed with the nylon is great for staying in place and makes for a good draw from the pocket.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have a Don Hume PCCH that is very well made, you wont go wrong with them.

I also have a Alabama Holster, Pocket setup. It is for my S&W 340. It is very well made. The only thing is I got the square cut and it is a tad too wide for my dress pants pockets. I would go back and get the round cut if I had known better. But bothe are fine products.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have that holster for a S&W 638. Gun tends to stay in the holster and the whole thing comes out as one unless you learn to use the hook on the corner of your pocket, which you don't need to think about when you're stressed. I would go with a nemesis in that price range.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the Don Hume Pocket Holster for my Kahr PM9 and it works great.

No complaints and I EDC using it. My brother in law uses the same Don Hume and he loves it too,.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
I have one and like it - have another Hume - also like that, like the price too.

Bring your gun to the place you buy it, unloaded, wearing the pants or pant-type you'll be using when CCWing with it. Then, if the store lets you, try it out before buying. Make sure your hand is not too big for a quick draw with gun holstered in the pocket, and that the holster catches like it should on the pocket-opening. Some pocket openings could be too wide. I have some jeans I can't use any pocket holster with, pocket is too small for me to easily get the snubby out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My wife has the Don Hume pocket holster for her SP101 and she likes it.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Don Hume PCCH that is very well made, you wont go wrong with them.

I also have a Alabama Holster, Pocket setup. It is for my S&W 340. It is very well made. The only thing is I got the square cut and it is a tad too wide for my dress pants pockets. I would go back and get the round cut if I had known better. But bothe are fine products.
Thank you everyone for your replies.

jwhite, since you have both, which do you prefer?

I did call Alabama holsters to ask them about the cuts, and they did say that the square is more for jeans and cargo pants, and the round is for dress pants. But with that said, do you think the round cut will still work in jeans? Also does the kydex allow for the holster to stay in the pocket when you draw?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I dont have the Don Hume in a pocket model. I have an IWB, was just vouching for the quality. My Alabama does stay in the pocket very well, but also has a thumb pucsh to aid that. I am actually using my Desantis Nemesis more than anything. Very well suited for pocket carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts