Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I picked up the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in 40S&W. Got tons of Glock mags and it's made for the M23 as a flush fit, I think. I'll post pics and do a range report when I get the chance. :wave:

NOW I have my eye on a gun I saw at the gunshop where I did the transfer. The FN P40 is a nice little gun that holds 14 rds of 40 and comes with THREE mags when new. :yup: It has the now obligatory interchangeable backstrap. I fired the FN 5.7mm last weekend at the range. While I would never own one (what's it good for? :biggrin2: ),I was impressed with the ergonomics and the fit & finish. It shot a little low from point of aim at 25 yards, but it was an unfamiliar weapon and it could very well have been me. Decent groups, though. :congrats:

SO back to the FN P40, anybody out there had any shooting experience with this gun? Anybody know if $475 (NIB) is too high or spot on? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I don't know anything about this particular gun, but FN's are notoriously spendy. $475 seems like a good price for an FN...if it's a good gun. As a general rule they are.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ex: OnPoint Firearms here in St. Pete has the P40 w/ 3 14 rd mags for $427 or the same gun w/ night sights at 514. Their prices seem pretty good on most items. You can check their web site www.onpointsupply.com Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the FNP-9 and it is a fine shooting gun. Very accurate and reliable. I have never had any problems whatsover. Mine was about $400.00 and it came with 3 magazines (16+1). I am sure the FNP-40 is just as good as the FNP-9 when it comes to shooting and handling.

I agree with you regarding the FN 5.7 I find it overpriced for a polymer not to speak of the ammo that apart from scarce and possibly marginal is too costly (when you can find it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts