Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard so much about Mobile 1 as a gun lub, I went a local auto parts store to get a quart and it came up what I was going to do with it. The parts guy says, "We got something better for guns than Mobile 1." He brings out this bottle of Lucas gun oil. It says all the right stuff, protect, resists burn off, super slick, won't dry off over long periods of time, and then the clincher, polymetric film! I addition I asked about it running on vertical surfaces and hot and cold temperatures they claim it won't run off and does great in temperature extremes.

So, you guys know anything about this stuff?

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I've had some Lucas Gun Oil for several years (a little goes a long way) In my opinion Lucas Oil makes STP seem like Super Glue. It has a consistancy simular to honey. But this stuff is slick and slippery.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
acparmed said:
I've had some Lucas Gun Oil for several years (a little goes a long way) In my opinion Lucas Oil makes STP seem like Super Glue. It has a consistancy simular to honey. But this stuff is slick and slippery.
Don't know about guns but STP used during a rebuild is ok but it will mess up a engine if used regularly. Could this stuff be the same?

·
Administrator
144,131 Posts
Product Specs ~ Lucas Gun Oil

PRODUCT SPECIFICATION SHEET
GUN OIL
Product # 10006
TEST ASTM TYPICAL
API Gravity
Specific Gravity @ 60º F
Density @ 60º F LBS/US GAL
Viscosity @ 100º C cSt
Flash Point COC ºF
Color
Neutralization Number
Ash – Wt %
Sulphur – Wt %
Solvents
D-1298
D-1298
D-1298
D-445
D-92
D-664
415º
Light Red
Nil
None
Lucas Gun Oil is a special blend of oil and petroleum-extracted additives. It is very
economical with many uses. You can use it to waterproof and rustproof, or if rusting
has already taken place, Lucas Gun Oil cuts through rust. It’s an excellent polishing
compound for stainless steel and it resists fingerprints and acid contamination from
touch by human hands.
Lucas Gun Oil was originally developed to maintain machine guns. It resists burning
out or blowing out many times longer than conventional gun oils. Lucas Gun Oil can
be applied heavily for rust proofing during long-term storage or applied lightly for
immediate use.
Lucas Gun Oil is an absolute must for the serious competition shooter. Use it to lube
the inside of your gun barrel for easy removal of powder and filings. It’s excellent for
compound bows and fishing reels.

·
Super Moderator
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, QKS, how come you're just now letting us know about this? I'm impressed with what you've posted about this oil.

The only bad thing I know about it is it doesn't have an odor, so now my guns and I don't smell like gun oil anymore. I don't know if my friends will take me seriously if I don't smell like gun oil.

Are there some better places to buy this stuff than auto stores?

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I don't know if my friends will take me seriously if I don't smell like gun oil.
Solution to that is easy Ron - smother on more Hoppes #9 - that'll keep folks happy! :wink:

I have heard little on this product but it does sound like yet another useful addition to the ''armory''. Must look some out, tho heck - I have more varities of lube here than Autozone :biggrin:

·
Administrator
144,131 Posts
My Wife

My Wife can smell Old Hoppes #9 from 4 blocks away.
I almost ended up getting divorced due to Hoppes or at least my own bedroom in the backyard.
Now I scrub & clean w/ BreakFree CLP or FP~10 & lube my slide rails & internals with Disotec XFR by Blue Wonder (which I really like)
My guns with ivory grips...I always lube with good old fashioned 100 year old Sperm Oil because it's GOOD for the ivory & does not damage it like some petroleum based oils.

Tangle...it's a "new one on me" ~ I just searched it on the web & found the specs for the forum members...but, now I'm super-curious and I sure will try it.

·
Super Moderator
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AirForceShooter said:
what auto stores carry it?

AFS
It may just be a local thing, but I bought a bottle at O'Rielly's or however you spell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts