Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's staged with blanks. You can tell that by the absence of anything remotely resembling recoil - and no rounds exiting the mail box. At that range even a .22 LR would probably penetrate.

BTW, this looks like a foreign (European?) mail box. Nothing in the U.S. like it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
happened years ago in Russia. The shooter was some kind of Russia LE.

The guy was killed - there was a clip of the guy that got shot out there years back - very sad.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Don't be messin' with my mail! :rofl:

Obviously a gag but I liked it! :hand5:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That was kind of neat though.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Notice the edits/change in camera angles between the mail being ejected and the shots. Time for the actor inside the can to get out and have a doughnut.

Who reads the addresses of their mail right before they send it off? You only do that when you pick up the mail.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
At first I thought it was funny, then realized it was a little disturbing. What message do you think they were trying to tell with this add/joke. It seems to me like they are doing it to paint gun carriers as hotheads who will shoot somebody over anything (blood running in the streets).

Clearly it is not that serious, but the first step is to make that view acceptable and get people used to it, then they move more aggressively.

Oh, and I am not a conspiracy theory guy, just a slippery slope guy.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Lends a whole new meaning to the phrase, "going postal," doncha think?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I don't know, I usually squeeze a few off into the post box just to be sure it's safe to stand near. I try to do it from at least 21' so that the box can't get to me with a knife before I can draw and fire. That guy lost his SA and got too close to the mailbox before it attacked him!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know, I usually squeeze a few off into the post box just to be sure it's safe to stand near. I try to do it from at least 21' so that the box can't get to me with a knife before I can draw and fire. That guy lost his SA and got too close to the mailbox before it attacked him!
:image035:

I find this video disturbing...I knew it was fake the second I saw it but I had to watch it a half dozen times just to get a bearing on why it was done (the end part w/ the shooting). If it was done in the name of comedy...I missed the humor in it...if it was done w/ a political agenda...it was poorly done and the point was sorely missed by this (apparently thick headed) viewer.

The whole thing was just somehow really weird and disturbing to me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I take it as a joke and nothing more. Its no different than a person yelling boo and a startled victim cracking the prankster in the jaw. No anti gun agenda from my point of view although I would rather comic writers not portal gun carriers as the hot head irresponsible type that would shoot into a mail box,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts