Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KAHR PM9193 / Detail images

Looks like a resonable idea for those out there who have to have a safety. Looks nice on the gun too.:hand10:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Sigh.

What a good way to muck up a good pistol.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Wonder what brand of TP it uses when it wipes your but?

Guns for dummies.

Joker1

·
Registered
196 Posts
The reason they did this (at least the safety and probably the warnings) is so that the gun can be sold in MA with all their wierd gun laws.

·
Registered
93 Posts
In reading a review in a gun mag I read the same thing. Working on selling to Mass. residents (ext safety). Wow have you seen what the MSRP is? Over $900.00. I can think of several other guns I could buy for that kind of money. But of course I don't live in Mass. either...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got the Dealer price list for these and YES I could spend my Monies else where. I do stock the KAHR brand but haven't really sold that many. Oregon has no law as yet on the safety position as of today but maybe later on when states get together and start putting in new Laws. "GOT SIG " LB

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you all....Its pretty dumb as an idea. But there are people out there who "have" to have a safety...because otherwise the gun will "magically" go off.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
I like that safety alot. It's small and inconspicuous compared to some...like large the one I (intentionally) have on my fullsize M&P.

My safety is very easy to flick off, with practice, no extra time needed during draw. I chose to get a safety because at the moment I mostly purse carry and even in it's own gun compartment and holster, I didnt want to risk the trigger snagging something.

But I also take note of Massad Ayoob's opinion of safeties...that if someone grabs your gun, they may have to take extra time to unsuccessfully shoot you and then try to find out why it didnt work. Try and find the safety or maybe try racking the slide....all things which give you more time.

So I like this inconspicuous one on the Kahr...it could take a bg a few seconds to find it and they would have to take their eyes off of you while doing it. The gun's owner could practice and make releasing it automatic, just like most other things with our firearms....

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Of course it works backwards, It's the 'Kennedy' safety...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too. Like a Beretta slide safety in a 1911 or Taurus frame location.
Weird. I don't like it and wouldn't own one.
My thumb goes down, not up, not forward.

Also the slide instructions .... "loaded when indicator is 'up'" ?
Which end? one end is down and the other is up, oh, well

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Yup, even the serrations are on the wrong side of that safety.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't like it. But, my CCWs are LCP, PF9, and G36.

Plus, I can get two good guns for $900, or one really nice one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saw this a few months ago while doing due diligence on the P380. I can't bash them for the idea as there will be some that deem it useful thus increasing their demand and market share. I won't be getting rid of mine for it.

KCGator

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Does nothing for my taste in weapons, and as others have stated...the safety should have you working on your muscle memory.:hand1:

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I see that gun I can't help but laugh. I expect to see a "Pull trigger here" label marked somewhere.

I guess there's a market for it where they need a safety and chamber indicator.
I was thinking the exact same thing :rofl:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just my 2cents worth... Personally I think the main objection, other than price will come from those of us who are use to shooting the1911. I was interested in the gun until I realized the safety works opposite of the 1911. I think had Kahr engineered the gun with a 1911 type safety it would have been a success. That said, I still purchased a PM9 with night sights and have had no failures thus far and am very happy with the gun...... YMMV...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts