Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fire Dragon Products Click Here

Just curious to know if anybody has any first hand knowledge about E F K FireDragon aftermarket barrels.
The Quality seems to be quite high & the tolerances seem nice and tight & the Rockwell hardness is good also.
Any member have one installed in one of their pistols?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
First I've ever heard of this product. There was a movie in the 1960's starring Raquel Welch and Tony Franciosa called FATHOM that had a FIRE DRAGON as part of the plot. Anybody out there remember? If so send me a PM. Don't get off topic. The cuts in the barrel above are interesting. Wouldn't the slide also have to have ports to take advantage of the recoil reduction? Or do these serve a different purpose?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ex, I'm guessing the barrel extends further than the standard config, thus no need for porting of the slide. I like the idea though, and am thinking of getting one for my Glock 21.

Franco

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got one

The DRAGON will now be BREATHING FIRE out of one of my Colt Combat Commander Pistolas.
I got their Standard National Match Grade Stainless Barrel with fit bushing in Commander length.
No Ports. New & never used. I bought it as a replacement barrel for one of my Colt Commander pistols which sports an existing factory barrel which has a bit too much vertical & "side-to-side play" to it for my shootin' tastes.
A few careful passes with a fine cut file on the sides of the barrel feet & it dropped right into my Combat Commander frame. :smile:
The overall quality is extremely high & the surface finish and machine work are flawless. The chamber interior & the lands & grooves inside the tube are BEAUTIFUL...and...it's already perfectly throated. :king:
The FIRE DRAGON web site prices are about average for a match grade barrel but, I bought mine on Ebay for a winning bid of $76.00 which is about the same price as a standard Stainless Commander length Colt factory replacement barrel from Brownell's priced at ($80.00)
The bore is so bright and finely finished that barrel cleaning should be a real breeze.
My logic in buying this one on Ebay was that I would not bid more than $80.00....since for 80 smacks I could just buy a Stainless Colt "drop in" barrel.
So...I figure that I got a extra nice hi-quality Match Grade barrel for the same dollars spent. I'm very happy with it.

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
triplebreak

hummmmmmmm???? No photos of Olympic pistol barrels on that TripleBreak site? How are folks supposed to know if they want to buy something if they can't see it? I never understood that.Specs on OLYMPIC barrels

Oh...I just read that Olympic Arms bought Safari Arms. I am guessing that their barrels are high quality.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
not sure if its the same company making both barrels. I don't see any HK or other brands on OLYarms site.

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beats Me Rocky

I'm Confused. :confused:

Addition: Let me check something out.......

YEP, Same Company unless there are two different Olympic Arms in Olympia, Wa.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Glad to hear there quailty seems good ive though of maybe getting one for a glock or Hk so i can shoot up this huge amount of lead bullets i have left

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fire Dragon

Well, they have been around for quite some time & they have a great guarantee. They sure must have a terrible marketing department though. I wonder WHY they never heard of something called advertising? :biggrin:

Geesh...they should be sending free barrels to every gun writer in the United States & get some Name Recognition for themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts