Defensive Carry banner

Anybody with SC CWP and CC's in GA?

2615 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Delucas
SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.

· Registered
359 Posts
I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.
NH as of July 1st is $100.00 for non-resident permit, but in your case probably worth it.

· Registered
41 Posts
SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.
if you have SC apply for a Penn non resident permit its about 25 bucks.
or a Florida non resident for about 112.00
Ga honors non resident permits from those states

· Registered
2,157 Posts

Much thanks.
FL non-res maybe?

· Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully my permit will be here sometime this month.
I was planning on getting the NH non-res permit as it gives both Georgia and Alabama which I need.

Are there any others out there that gives both Georgia and Alabama which would be cheaper than NH?

MTee

· Registered
70 Posts
Once my New Hampshire nears expiration, I'm considering a Utah permit. I get all the states of NH plus Delaware, Washington state and Minnesota. :danceban:

The permit is less than NH's but ... you have to have certified training to get a permit, another $95 - $150 depending on where you have to go for the training. There are only 4 certified trainers in SC. :frown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.