Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.
NH as of July 1st is $100.00 for non-resident permit, but in your case probably worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.
if you have SC apply for a Penn non resident permit its about 25 bucks.
or a Florida non resident for about 112.00
Ga honors non resident permits from those states

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

Much thanks.
FL non-res maybe?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does the Florida non-resident permit have a training requirement even if you have an SC CCW? A few CCW courses here advertise a "Florida Non-Resident CCW Course."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully my permit will be here sometime this month.
I was planning on getting the NH non-res permit as it gives both Georgia and Alabama which I need.

Are there any others out there that gives both Georgia and Alabama which would be cheaper than NH?

MTee

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Does the Florida non-resident permit have a training requirement even if you have an SC CCW? A few CCW courses here advertise a "Florida Non-Resident CCW Course."

Training equirement YES.... But they should accept the same class you took for your SC CCW.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got the NH before the price increase but when the time comes I'll renew. I needed Alabama too because of family on both sides of the GA / AL line. I really wish SC would get reciprocity with GA and AL.

·
Registered
21 Posts
... I needed Alabama too because of family on both sides of the GA / AL line. I really wish SC would get reciprocity with GA and AL.
Me too!
I got family in both Alabama and Georgia.

MTee

·
Registered
70 Posts
Once my New Hampshire nears expiration, I'm considering a Utah permit. I get all the states of NH plus Delaware, Washington state and Minnesota. :danceban:

The permit is less than NH's but ... you have to have certified training to get a permit, another $95 - $150 depending on where you have to go for the training. There are only 4 certified trainers in SC. :frown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts