Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Yes i bought 2 colts from a Seller up in Michigans up Great guy transaction was smooth i was leary too but went well i might try it again

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bruce - always some risk I guess but overall deals usually pretty fair. I have had two, maybe three thru there - Mini-14 and P95 way back - no nasty surprises and guns were as described.

Most folks on there seem good but check feedbacks. No guarantee of perfection every time but odds are good.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I've purchased several guns via Gunbroker and Auction Arms....the "worst" purchase I made was a Steyr M40....the previous owner (or someone on his behalf) butchered a pair of night sights when they installed them....no harm; the tritium inserts were dim so I need to get them replaced....I got the slide hard chromed as well....so I got a silk pursue out of the sow's ear after all.

I agree with our esteemed moderator....check feedback and try to contact the seller before hand and ask questions; don't be afraid to ask for references and extra photos of the gun in question.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
srfl said:
I agree with our esteemed moderator....check feedback and try to contact the seller before hand and ask questions; don't be afraid to ask for references and extra photos of the gun in question.
He's got almost perfect feedback, but no more pics of the gun(Ialready asked). Just really leary ya know, what did yau'll use as payment as not be be screwed if something went amis? (I have used money orders on e-bay, got scammed and never was able to get my money back, so M/O aren't "safe" to use.)

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Money orders or slide it though paypal since it is a Firearm money order sure will work as will the ATF get involved With perfect feedback i wouldnt worry about buying from the guy ...

On Scam bay not surprised you got ripped off

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The more I think about it, I have been saving for a XSE commander and thats what I really want, so I may pass, I still got 4 days to decide though.
I have never had a 1911 with a flat top slide, it looks a little funny. Is it me or does that front sight look like a night sight? Boy I would really like to handle that pistol to check it out before I jump in. I asked about a 3 day inspection peroid and am waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ahhhhhh I love working at a place with an FFL....I could basically just buy that gun and have them mail it to me at work....[boy that sounds funny.....]

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
your killing me Bud, I wanna keep the price down man. I was thinking a commander 70 series in 38 super, but hard to find at a decent price.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bud White said:
If you want a xse better just save for it
I hear ya, I just cought up in looking ya know. When I hit gunbroker i get into 1911 fantasy land and start thinking how each and every one would look good in my collection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts