Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have a small NAA .22 or .22 Magnum to back up my RAMI or LCR,
but the Double Tap 2 -shot derringer looks flat and good for CCW as well.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No!!!

NAA 22mag. with 1" or so barrel key holed at range at 10'.

4' barrel would be the way to go with one of these little jewels.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
I've shot other's but I don't want any watch-fob-sized .22s of any sort, revolver or derringer. Others may be comfortable with them but I only want to carry something that will make a real difference if it is used. After chronographing .22s of the type, I don't see much capability to make a difference.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I our neck of the woods a .22 is great for tin cans and peter rabbits! As for Bears, .22 will just piss them off and place you on the very bottom of the food chain.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
I have the NAA. In 22 mag
Has the interchangeable wheel for 22lr

I use the Hornady 22 mag ammo

Very very short range bullet impact drops fast

I just use it for deep concealment and shoot once and a while at the range
Can hide it anywhere will take on jogs or bike rides
Not an everyday carry

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I have a 22 mag with an 1 1/8 inch barrel. I use it for deep cover backup gun at times but it will never replace better guns that I own for carry.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I've shot others' but I don't want any watch-fob-sized .22s of any sort, revolver or derringer. Others may be comfortable with them but I only want to carry something that will make a real difference if it is used. After chronographing .22s of the type, I don't see much capability to make a difference.
I agree, and particularly like the statement in bold

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
IMO, the NAA guns are like beautiful little jewels. i had a .22LR model with 1" barrel. it was reliable, VERY slow to reload, and VERY HARD for me to hit a man-size target beyond 10'. i sold it.

while i firmly believe that any gun is better than no gun, i think there are better choices these days. if you have to have a minimum size gun, i'd recommend a laser-equipped Ruger LCP, or Kel-Tec P3AT over any .22LR/.22WMRF.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
I have the Pug and the 22mag. Great little guns. I always have one with me, regardless of anything else I might be carrying at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Yep, I carry a NAA 22lr revolver in my pocket all of the time that I am awake.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the NAA in 22 mag, with their folding grip. Adding the grip allowed me to hit reasonable targets at 5 yards.

When I carry it, it's usually filled with snake shot and carried for reptile control at very close range. It's easier to tote around than a hoe.

However, once, when I could not carry a gun, I was mighty glad to have the NAA in my pocket when I thought a bad situation was about to get worse.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
NAA's are very well made but I don't think they are a good option for self defense. They are very difficult to operate under stress where gross motor skills are needed usually under less than ideal conditions. If one is inclined to carry a rimfire for defense there are better choices such as the LCR in .22 mag. JMHO.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
When they first came out had to buy one, well made nice little gun but would be hard to manipulate in a stressful situation IMHO

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I sometimes use my NAA mini revolver. I rather have 5 shots of .22 magnum than two of anything else. Two shot leaves no room for error in my opinion. Imagine what you would do if you missed with the first shot. Do you think you would hesitate to keep that last shot for a little longer or just let it fly and hope it hits home. Even then, what do you do about his friend? Two shot guns are for collectors in my opinion. I had a Bond Arms .410. It was fun but I sold it after the novelty wore off.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
When I bought my NAA revolvers, they were only available in 22 short and LR. I bought the belt buckle for the 22 short. Never wore the buckle. Someone made me an offer that I couldnt refuse and I let it go. I still have the LR. I just drop it an a pocket. I keep it on me even when I carry something else. Put it in a zip-lock bag and take it to the beach or swimming. Yes, It has been soaked. It's all stainless and always works. It can be cocked and fired in a zip-lock...

Some of the earlier model barrels were not pinned and had a bad habit of leaving the rest of the gun when fired and usually took the cylinder pin with them. You could send them back and have them pinned or do it yourself on a drill press. They are very tough and reliable pieces of uhhhhhh??? Stuff?? I love um'

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the NAA "Earl."

3" barrel, .22 WMR.

I put it in my pocket and use it as a BUG. It is a great looking little piece of machinery, and I can see it coming in handy as a last line firearm.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
.22 is an ineffective defensive round. Second, I'd seriously consider the practicality of carrying a single action. I'd bet we could find a recent high profile case where a legal concealed carrier would likely have not been able to operate a SA due to the proximity of his attacker.

I think a spare RAMI mag would be just as easy to carry as a .22 derringer, and probably more reliable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts