Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of buying a CZ 75 PCR or P-01 for carry. I was wondering if there is any particular problem concealing and carrying either of these. Also Wondering about IWB rig.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I don't personally, but I have a love affair with CZ's. You'll get more than one response to this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes and I believe there have been one or two threads about this.

I carry the bigger brother to those two, CZ 75 b in a CTAC IWB.

No problems concealing here.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I own an SP-01 and I love it. It's a little big for me to carry though.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
My EDC is a P-06, .40 cal version of the P-01. I haven't had any trouble concealing it. Carried in a Tucker Gun Leather "Cover Up". I also have a Galco U.S.A. (Ultimate Second Amendment) for it as well. Prefer the Tucker due to the fact the cant is adjustable with the Tucker, where the Galco is a 0 cant design.

·
Registered
41 Posts
CZ 75 PCR here and it is an outstanding gun but the stock rubber grips, while very comfy, will tend to want to grab on some clothes. I upgraded to the rubber mag bases and took them back off since it didnt lend itself well to CCW.
Get one, you wont be sorry. For me it was the most comfortable natural grip I have ever held in a pistol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I carry a CZ-2075 "RAMI" (3" subcompact) and also have a full sized CZ-75 SP-01, both in 9mm. Both are great guns. The SP-01 is ok for winter carry, and you can pull off summer carry with some creativity. Go to czforumsite.info for good info about CZ's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought a CZ PCR a this spring and should have the K&D holster for it in a few weeks. It is a little tough finding a holster for it though. I have a MTAC for my XD but they don't have the mold for a PCR. (Others have said that the CZ Compact mold will fit but I went with the K&D.) It is one sweet shooting gun!

You will not be disappointed with it.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
CZ RAMI 9mm for 6 years,

will try to carry the new P-01 for fall and winter
when my holster arrives.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I carry a 75BD in a K&D Laredo as my EDC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I carry the full-sized SP-01 Tactical as my EDC. The gun is quite heavy but can be carried with minimal discomfort using the right holster/belt setup. My belt is a Beltman model in 1.5". This belt is firm enough I don't have to cinch it up in order to support my IWB holster. The holster is an HBE Specialty Leatherworks rig called the DC Tuckable. I wear it tucked when at work and under a loose cover garment on my free time. Both the belt and holster are excellent quality and allow me to carry my favorite pistol as a primary CCW.

Don't worry about the weight. HBE, High Noon, Blade Tech and Fobus all make good holsters for these guns and a quality belt can make almost anything feasible (I'm not suggesting carrying a Desert Eagle .50AE here...).

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have carried a variety of CZ's over the years and have found the guns to be of high quality and reliability. The CZ's I have carried include the 83, P-01, SP-01, and 75BD. Personal recommendation for concealed carry is the P-01/PCR. If I get real persnickety I would say that the PCR is a bit better for carry but that would be a preferential quibble.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
The PCR is a bit lighter to carry. That is what rides in my High Noon shoulder rig.

Great for Wal-Mart trips late at night.

We now have the 3rd largest WM ever built, here in Clarkston, WA.
I hope they have a huge sporting goods section.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Carry the CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm...recommend changing out the mag springs annually if your mags are always loaded (Wolff springs). Also recommend having spare mags and change them out with your loaded ones periodically. I don't trust the 14 round mag fully loaded, so carry any 14-round with fewer rounds (recommend 10 rounds). Other than that...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I carry the full-sized SP-01 Tactical as my EDC. The gun is quite heavy but can be carried with minimal discomfort using the right holster/belt setup. My belt is a Beltman model in 1.5". This belt is firm enough I don't have to cinch it up in order to support my IWB holster. The holster is an HBE Specialty Leatherworks rig called the DC Tuckable. I wear it tucked when at work and under a loose cover garment on my free time. Both the belt and holster are excellent quality and allow me to carry my favorite pistol as a primary CCW.

Don't worry about the weight. HBE, High Noon, Blade Tech and Fobus all make good holsters for these guns and a quality belt can make almost anything feasible (I'm not suggesting carrying a Desert Eagle .50AE here...).

NICE HBE DC. The COM III and yours are my favorite holsters! They handle the big boys with ease. Have a HBE Pro TL for my S&W 36 and it's also great. Nice CZ BTW also.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
2075 RAMI and CZ82.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts