Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering If anybody carrys one, and how they like it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering If anybody carrys one, and how they like it.
I used to have one. What sold me on it was: Great size, great capacity, very light and very carriable though. OK sights. S&W mag interchangeability a plus. Good pocket gun. No real FTF's or eject failures if I remember correctly, it ran fine out of the box. This was an early production gun too. Before the P32 & P3AT came out or were even conceived. Great price.

The ugly truth (for me, ymmv) after some experience with it and the patina wore off: Hated the trigger, too long and stiff. A might bit snappy recoil with hotter rounds. Can not emphasize how unpleasant it grew to fire after awhile though. It was more of an unwanted chore or punishment and I want to practice constantly with any weapon I carry but I dreaded having to fire it after awhile and shot it less and less. Became less of a friend and more of an annoying pest in that regard.

If you are a DAO or revolver fan it might be acceptable after some FnB. I am NOT a DAO or revolver fan. I honestly hated mine after awhile and sold it for a loss.

Still hate it BTW. With a passion. Not the weapon's fault by any means. It did it's job quite well in fact. Just was not for me so we agreed to disagree. Good little guns if it's what you are looking for though. No mechanical issues with mine by any means and it did it's job in regards to size well also.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Recently, I decided to buy this sensible weapon. It is not a fun gun. It hurt my trigger finger and hand after a box of bullets. It is a good-enough gun. It is what it is. Ten 9mm bullets in the magazine, the gun hidden inside my drivers-side door pouch, a spare magazine ready above it, ready inside the interior door handle opening. It goes to Georgia with my mother and I, during this long upcoming drive down and back on I-75. A little Ruger LCP, with a spare and loaded magazine, is hidden inside my small holdall bag.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Had one, hated the trigger...traded it off.:blink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have one. Have carried it for a year now and really like it. I have a Colt LW commander and a S&W 642 that I trade of with every once in a while, but I always go back to the Kel-Tec. You do need to like a revolver-like trigger pull though, it's loooong!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have one. I haven't carried it for a while. I probably won't carry it until I can afford to have it worked over by a 'smith. The trigger is just horrible. I can deal with long. I can deal with heavier than I generally prefer. I'm not going to bother with long, really heavy, and stacking that is so terrible it's simply impossible to avoid jerking the gun away from intended POA when the trigger breaks. It's nothing like a revolver. Just all around crappy. I have fired other examples of the P-11, and they weren't as bad as mine, but still much heavier than necessary IMO.

I'm going to have better sights installed too. The stock sights aren't bad, I just figure if I'm going to have it worked on, I might as well get better ones.

Aside from the dreadful trigger, I think they're great. Reliable, well built (even though they aren't very pretty), inexpensive, and AFAIK still the smallest, lightest, 12+1 9mm around.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have one, but its main use is when backpacking. I like the combination of light weight, and with 12+1 and a spare magazine, it's a good combination of weight and capacity.

It's just the wrong size for me for everyday carry...I either carry a pocket pistol (LCP) or a flat PF-9...if I go bigger than that, I can carry something a little bigger just as easily as the P-11.

Yes, it's got a heavy trigger, but I added the trigger shoe (permanently epoxied it in place) and it helps me a lot.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I have a Kel Tec PF 9 and carried it for a while. Heavy on the muzzle flip and recoil and some what to large for a comfortable carry for me.

Now carry Kel Tec P3AT and am very happy with it.

380 may not be a great one shot stopper, but I was tough to shoot till the threat was stopped.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I have one for a BUG with a 12 round mag,I usually carry a combat commander 45

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Haven't used a P11 have the PF9 trigger is long but not bad. But then again they say it is better than the P11,. I will go to my G26.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As I said, the trigger problems can be solved by the addition of a trigger stop.
Trigger shoes (even glued ones) tend to come loose and fall off.
And-the 12 round magazines are not nearly as reliable as the standard 10 rounders.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have one. I like it. It has a clip. I carry it clipped to the top inside of my left boot. Also, I carry it in a homemade pocket holster. It is a great shooter. Try one before you buy. The trigger is the part they could have done better. I also have a G26. It is a better shooter, but more of a brick compared to the P-11.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i carry the pf-9 im a big dude! conceals nice. i love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts