Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now im not talking about a 1911 or BHP or Anyother Semiauto.

But a Colt SAA or Ruger Blackhawk/vaquero or some other clone.

In these days of Tactile Tupperware, Wondernines and 40 Short and weak,

Would you be willing to pack a Single action ? Dont think i would unless i could pack 2 or 3 of um for no reloads hopefully..I was thinking of this last night when i couldnt sleep Along with some other odd questions ill probley post later.

Also if anyof you have packed a Single action what kind/Caliber/load :image035:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Nope. While I like revolvers a lot, packing a SA revolver just isn't on my to do list.

If I ever did it would be a 44 or 45 though. I'd want to be making some big holes since I would likely only get the six shots. Maybe I'd do it providing my BUG was my G17 with a 33rd mag.:rock:

Looking forward to your other odd questions. :wink:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
My 629 - 7.5bbl leaves a nice bruise on my thenar region of my hand and if the bbl was smaller I would be in a wee bit pain. Although the .44 does leave the bbl hot. Hmmm. I think I would stay with the 1911. Tried and TRUE.

~A

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well . . . I'l (reluctantly) admit to doing so on occasion. But ONLY when I am genuinely "uncomfortable" with my li'l M642. As a "Sunday go to meetin' gun," I'll rely on a NAA Black Widow in .22WMR. It falls into the "better than nothing" category.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I know several people who carry those NAA mini-revolvers. My understanding is that they're all single action. Of course, they'd have to be. They have no way to house a spring and all that jazz that makes DA possible.

I figure since the only way to fire it is single action, you could get it down to one smooth stroke from **** to shot if you just plain old shot it enough.

Edit: :lol I find it amusing on a gun forum I can't use the word "caulk" as in to "caulk" a gun, minus the "l" sound.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
"c0ck" just substitute the o for a 0. I do not think many would mind being that your intent is c0ck: the action of pulling the hammer back to put a revolver in SA mode.

~A

·
Registered
128 Posts
APachon said:
"c0ck" just substitute the o for a 0. I do not think many would mind being that your intent is c0ck: the action of pulling the hammer back to put a revolver in SA mode.

~A
How can a gun forum block that word? That is crazy. I hope the don't deside to block PISTOL because it sounds bad also.

I almost forgot the question. I own a Colt SAA chambered in .45 Colt. You would need to carry two because reloads are very slow. The only way I would carry one is if I had a large piece of property and I was going for a walk and wanted protection from wild animals.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have carried My 45 colt on my property up north but not out on a normal day.. Losts of time dont even carry it in woods Carry something less powerfull like my 454 casull or a 45 acp

·
Administrator
143,456 Posts
I wonder if "**** tol" is blocked ? :rolleyes:
Yep! Pistol spelled with two "S"s is blocked. So remember folks ~ the word pistol only contains one "s" :tongue:

Now This Is Packing Iron!

Sorry about the big pic throwing the page width off...but I swiped the photo off the web & didn't want to resize it & then upload it.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Geez, people don't get so bent out of shape because a word that is commonly found in a censor filter (particularly in a GUN forum that has been running 5 days) was inadvertantly added. The same thing happened on the old site and I promptly removed it before anyone even noticed.

Anyway, you can now choke your cock when it's crowing wakes you up in the morning, just don't step on the tail of your ***** in the process.... :iamsmilin

Euclidean said:
I figure since the only way to fire it is single action, you could get it down to one smooth stroke from **** to shot if you just plain old shot it enough.

Edit: :lol I find it amusing on a gun forum I can't use the word "caulk" as in to "caulk" a gun, minus the "l" sound.
silvercorvette said:
How can a gun forum block that word? That is crazy. I hope the don't deside to block PISTOL because it sounds bad also.

I almost forgot the question. I own a Colt SAA chambered in .45 Colt. You would need to carry two because reloads are very slow. The only way I would carry one is if I had a large piece of property and I was going for a walk and wanted protection from wild animals.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I wasn't mad about it Bumper I just thought it was silly. I really don't understand why that word is in an obscenity filter. I know it has a slang meaning, but it's like censoring the name Mary Jane or the noun/adjective freak. They're proper words with proper uses and just because some people use them to imply something else is just a silly reason to censor them.

Now the F word and the S word, yeah those I can understand not tolerating. They're clearly identifiable curses which don't really have a proper context short of what you should say when you drop your circular saw on your foot. I have absolutely nothing against any kind of moderation or censorship on a forum I'm not paying for, for the record, because nothing's stopping me from starting my own if I don't like it!

K

·
0 Posts
Euclidean said:
I wasn't mad about it Bumper I just thought it was silly. I really don't understand why that word is in an obscenity filter. I know it has a slang meaning, but it's like censoring the name Mary Jane or the noun/adjective freak. They're proper words with proper uses and just because some people use them to imply something else is just a silly reason to censor them.

Now the F word and the S word, yeah those I can understand not tolerating. They're clearly identifiable curses which don't really have a proper context short of what you should say when you drop your circular saw on your foot. I have absolutely nothing against any kind of moderation or censorship on a forum I'm not paying for, for the record, because nothing's stopping me from starting my own if I don't like it!
Well I doubt he was worried too much about you being "mad about it". It sounded more like frustration from having a mistake brought to his attention (in a smartass manner) by someone of such obviously superior intellect as you always try to convey. Just my guess, I doubt I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Do I really come off as a smartass? I'll endeavor not to. I'm not a very prolific author, and I don't convey my tone very well sometimes. I'm often guilty of trying to be overtly sarcastic and coming off as completely serious. I know Bumper didn't code the software personally and I was just trying to say that whoever did code the profanity filter showed lousy judgment.

At any rate, I think if you really wanted to you could probably carry a single action. I mean heck back when that's all there was, nobody thought much of it. ;)

·
Administrator
143,456 Posts
Euclidean

You Said:
"Do I really come off as a smartass?"

QKShooter Answers your question.
NO ~ You are fine. Don't sweat it. I don't think you came across that way.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Nope, you would be wrong on this one Kahrman, I didn't think he was being a "smartass" (hmmm, should I censor that word? :tongue:) at all. Things like that bother me for about as long as it takes to hit the "reply" button. I have enough trouble keeping my blood pressure down at work. I'm certainly not going to let something I enjoy push it up. :ticking:

Kahrman said:
Well I doubt he was worried too much about you being "mad about it". It sounded more like frustration from having a mistake brought to his attention (in a smartass manner) by someone of such obviously superior intellect as you always try to convey. Just my guess, I doubt I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
143,456 Posts
Dang It! Whoops!...I mean D**G It!

I continue to be extraordinarily impressed with the good-natured, common sense, moderation/administration of this forum. I really like it here. :hand16:

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
BTW.... no, I wouldn't carry a single action for concealed carry unless it was one of those little NAA guns as a backup to a backup. Those are pretty neat. :frog:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didn't buy it for a carry gun but I did just buy a Ruger Super Blackhawk. I sure wouldn't want it pointed in my direction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I liked my son's comment when we were discussing this very possibility (I think I could get used to carrying a Ruger Blackhawk 5" in .45 long colt, . . . real easy.

His statement was: "You know, . . . anyone seeing you pull that hog leg out will know one of two things, . . . you either mean business or your are plumb crazy."

If I could shoot today like I did 35 years ago, . . . my carry rig just might look similar to that one posted up front.

May God bless,
Dwight

1 - 20 of 21 Posts